Thread: LML Tunes

Potential Tuner

LML Tunes

I purchased a 16 Duramax a few months back and have been looking to tune it. Other company?s have 3-5 different tunes you can load and drive the truck.

Does anyone know if anyone with HP Tuners offers the same? I struggle with spending the money on PPEI tunes when I have HP Tuners already.

Any resources people can share is greatly A appreciated.

Thanks
    Josh
    New Hampshire

There is no switch on the fly tunes with LML, or any vehicle for that matter with HPT and it isn't looking like its going to happen anytime soon. As for the LML switching the other software provides its more or less BS, they have simply found a way to limit the total amount of fuel and you pick what "level" you want with a switch tied into the ecm. Its not truly switching tunes but rather limiting the fuel quantity in steps.

Potential Tuner
    could you not use a edge insight pro to keep a couple tunes?

My experience with your question is from an LB7, but I think the answer is relevant...

I did a few Tunes for son in law for his edge insight.
    It worked but he was disappointed in the fact that switching tunes was a pretty slow process, just like completely re-flashing.

So if you already have HP Tuners it seems that you could flash between tunes stored on your laptop just as easy.
    (I know carrying around a laptop isn't really convenient, but it seems it accomplishes the same thing unless you already have the edge on the truck)
    2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible L99 Bone Stock for now
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer