Thread: 2017 Camaro SS 6.2l Limiting throttle

Tuner in Training

2017 Camaro SS 6.2l Limiting throttle

Hey guys this is only my second Gen V to tune so im trying to figure out the correct way to tune these headaches.
    The Car is a 2017 Camaro SS A8. It does not like to rev in park/neutral extremely laggy and tps is being limited, but the first time to tap the gas it cracks open the throttle a ton then pulls it back and becomes lazy only seems to do it in park/neutral. I also believe im right up against my max torque and it may be limiting my timing. Im commanding 15 degrees but, I will randomly get 2-4 degrees of KR at wot.

I roughed in the maf/vve and threw the car on the dyno. The AFR is right at 12.8 to 13.0 on the entire pull any richer and it would get a bunch of KR.The car made 412 rwhp in 4th gear on my dyno so it seems to be making decent power. If someone could look over the logs and tune and see if anything is out of the normal or if im headed in the right direction that would be awesome thanks.
    jon
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2019 Camaro SS A10
    Long Tubes, CAI, Ported lt2 intake, Ported TB, and Flex fuel.

Are you tuning a stock car or have other mods been done?

Everything you've done looks okay, but why are you pulling so much timing out of the main spark table? Another thing you may want to look into is your injection timing now that you've changed the VVT. I have a 2018 SS and have noticed the stock tune has quite a bit of KR in it. But in every car I've been looking at lately I've been getting some KR because of people leaving E10 gas in it over the winter. Water likes to bond with the ethanol and then you end up with 87ish octane.

Tuner in Training
    Afe Cai and 1 7/8 headers and off road x pipe.
    I added timing in back in to the Hi Octane table here is the new tune. It has zero KR now with this timing. It's strange though say I add 2 more degrees of timing at wot above where the timing is now it will get 2 degree's of KR but the timing will actually be 2 degree's higher. So say I add 2 degrees so from 18 to now 20 degrees of wot timing. It will have 2 more degrees of timing but, also will be pulling 2 degrees of KR like its commanding 22 to get to 20 degrees.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2019 Camaro SS A10
    Long Tubes, CAI, Ported lt2 intake, Ported TB, and Flex fuel.

Quote Originally Posted by 07 z71 silverado View Post
    Afe Cai and 1 7/8 headers and off road x pipe.
    I added timing in back in to the Hi Octane table here is the new tune. It has zero KR now with this timing. It's strange though say I add 2 more degrees of timing at wot above where the timing is now it will get 2 degree's of KR but the timing will actually be 2 degree's higher. So say I add 2 degrees so from 18 to now 20 degrees of wot timing. It will have 2 more degrees of timing but, also will be pulling 2 degrees of KR like its commanding 22 to get to 20 degrees.
    Honestly I'd put most of the timing back in the midrange. Every KR event you have is happening at part throttle when your car is commanding stoich. I'd drop the PE pedal position lower. You had a bit of knock at ~42% around 2800RPM. Drop it to like 35% from 2100RPM up. If it's entering enrichment more than you want on part throttle dial back the enrichment rate a little. Your WOT looks damn good with no knock. It's just the part throttle stuff

Here's the stock tune from my car. You can tell GM was looking for fuel economy at the expense of KR. If the car was entering enrichment properly this wouldn't be an issue.

SS Stock Log.hpl

To address your other point, your car may have learned the KR from the past tune and adjusted for it. I would monitor the knock learn factor to see if you're actually blending between the low octane table.
    Last edited by evolmotorsprt; 03-28-2019 at 04:24 PM.

Put the stock timing back in it and make sure it's actual knock retard. Headers also trigger the knock sensor more easily, so you might need to up the sensitivity a small amount.

Spark reduction will show as knock if your actual torque numbers are exceeding your predicted or immediate tq numbers. Check your axle tq numbers also if the vehicle is an auto. I found this happens in the lower pedal positions like yours is doing.
    2018 Camaro SS, LT4 Fuel System, LT4 S/C
    2020 Ford Edge ST (93-E85 flex fuel tune)
    1999 Pontiac Firehawk
    1987 Chevy Caprice, 6.0L TT 4L80 AWD
    ***Only AWD box chevy in the world***
    Next Level Tuning and Performance
    Tuning email: [email protected]