Thread: Service Traction System & Service Active Handling System while tuning

Service Traction System & Service Active Handling System while tuning

I already had a professional tune on my car when I first picked up HP tuners. When I started tuning my car I started getting messages in the dash saying Service active handling and traction systems. When I put the other guys tune in the car and drive around the messages never come up, but when I put my own tune into the car and go for a drive I get these two messages within 10 minutes of driving or so. When the messages pop up the car will sort of stumble a bit at idle but drives fine and never stalls. I'll post up a tune file as soon as I figure out how. Do any of you guys have an idea of what could be goin on? I must have screwed something up somewhere. Almost forgot my car is C6 grand sport with Tsp stage 4 cam, long tube headers w/o cats, ported heads and an intake
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Scottgt21; 03-26-2019 at 06:20 PM.

Nobody's run into this sort of problem before?

My 2013 Camaro ZL1 does the same thing when I read the vehicle but not sure what it does when I write a tune since I just recently acquired the vehicle. Strange thing it will keep setting off the service StabiliTrak unless its after so many key cycles or I use my Tech2 to erase the 2 or 3 codes that the read sets. I have to erase the codes right after the just the read with the Tech2 and not just the VCM scanner. The VCM scanner seems not to earse all the codes stored in the ECM TCM BCM and FSCM like the Tech2 does. I have the most current VCM Scanner and Editor. My 2011 Camaro 2ss would do it on the read and write but nothing else would happen.

My guess is that it interrupts the data stream from the CanBus and causes the issues.
    On my 2013 it sets a P0606 P0607 C0242 and thats just after a read vehicle.

Yeah its normal for the car to cycle through messages in the instrument cluster while reading and writing the ECU. My problem is that it'll pop up after a little bit of driving. Going through my DCT's I didn't change anything from my pro tune since my car doesn't have cats I didn't want MIL lights from it. I did notice I still had ethanol sensor DCT's enabled, but I reset my tune so that none of the ethanol related tables were populated and am wondering if that may be the issue. Doesn't make much sense but I've seen weirder things happen while tuning. I turned them off, but we just got a nice rainy cold front in today so I won't be able to take the car out for a couple of days. I'll post up my results when I get it out for a drive.