Thread: Is it possible to export a track from one device to another?

Potential Tuner

Is it possible to export a track from one device to another?

Hello,

My current use case is I run TrackAddict on my phone, which also serves as my camera. I walk the autocross course to establish the start and stop points, and then it all works great from there.

In the foreseeable future I will be running a different head unit in my car, which can run TrackAddict natively. However, I can't take that unit and walk the course with it to establish the start and stop points.

Is it possible to establish the start and stop points using the app on a mobile device, then transfer it to another device and use it there?

It's currently possible to share a track via a QR Code: On the "Select Track" screen, select the track and tap the "Share QR Code" button at the bottom right. That will generate a QR code with the track data embedded in it, which you can either scan directly with TrackAddict on another device or save/share it as a photo.

On the other device, go to the "Select Track" screen, tap "Add New Track", and then select "Import QR Code". If the device has a camera, you can just point it at the QR code being displayed on your first device's screen, otherwise there is a "Photo Gallery" button that lets you select a photo to import. However, I am aware that some versions of Android have been having trouble importing it from the Photo Gallery, so that is still an outstanding issue...

Aside from using the QR codes, you can also see the Latitude and Longitude coordinates on the "Edit Track" screen, so as a last resort you could just type those same numbers into your second device. The QR Code feature was created to help people avoid needing to do that in most cases.