Thread: Help! no crank / no start after a write entire - other issues after DoD/VVT delete

Advanced Tuner

Exclamation Help! no crank / no start after a write entire - other issues after DoD/VVT delete

I wrapped up a DoD/VVT delete on a 2012 SS camaro today. After i flashed it with just codes disabled, i took it for a drive. everything seemed fine until i stabbed the throttle. It cut out and pulled power like sever torque management was not allowing any WOT pulls whatsoever. I took it back to the shop to get my laptop and do a log. The log was running fine when i went back out. When i stabbed the throttle, all the parameters quit reading and just tapered down to nothing (or their lowest value) but the car kept driving like normal.

I took it back to the shop to do a write entire just in case something didn't flash right the first time. Now, the car won't even crank. Everything lights up as it should, but i don't hear the fuel pump and it won't crank at all.

I unhooked the battery for about 10 minutes or so and that didn't help. I've checked every fuse in the car and they're all good. When i try to write the computer, it says "unlicensed vehicle." When i try to read it, it asks for a VIN. I input the VIN and then it only reads the FSCM.

What in the world has happened?

Advanced Tuner
    Here's the tune in the car now as it sits
    Attached Files Attached Files

I had a similar issue. Turned out it was the grounds were loose on back of head. Cost me 2 ecms and motor back out once to find the problem. Got pretty good at dropping the whole thing out the bottom.

May or may not help but it was worth mentioning.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by MakesBadDecisions View Post
    I had a similar issue. Turned out it was the grounds were loose on back of head. Cost me 2 ecms and motor back out once to find the problem. Got pretty good at dropping the whole thing out the bottom.

May or may not help but it was worth mentioning.
    Grounds are good. The car ran and drove. The no crank issue just started after a write entire was performed... no mechanical changes were made.

There were mechanical changes made between when everything worked and when it would no longer go to WOT, weren't there?

DID you disable all your vvt settings .i am on computer that cant see tune .
    learning

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    There were mechanical changes made between when everything worked and when it would no longer go to WOT, weren't there?
    Mechanical VVT/AFM delete performed due to lifter failure -> test drive, fired up and ran fine but with WOT issues -> 2nd test drive with scanner running that went haywire during WOT -> write entire of tune -> no crank

Quote Originally Posted by tww$ View Post
    DID you disable all your vvt settings .i am on computer that cant see tune .
    Yes i believe so

You seemed to be saying that you knew there wasn't a ground left loose or some other wiring issue all because it started and ran. A bad ground or some other intermittent could definitely account for all the symptoms you've had since the engine work: the WOT issue, the scanner issue, the no comm issue.