Thread: 2009 "Vette" in '32 ford, speed off by 3x

Potential Tuner

2009 "Vette" in '32 ford, speed off by 3x

I have a 1932 Ford that we put a stock LS3 from GM Performance. The ECU thinks it is a 2009 Corvette and we are struggling getting accurate speed. Computer shows 3x actual speed. when driving 30 it shows 90mph. Also seems to be reaching a speed limiter and shutting car down when ECU shows 158mph which is approx. 55mph actual. Have worked with the company we got the harness and ECU from but they seem to be lost. Setup uses a TCI trans controller which registers accurate speed. this shares the same signal for speed as the ECU. Any help is much appreciated as I am new to this.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    i dont think you can do that because the tci units are supposed to output a digital ppm signal and the vss reluctor should be sine wave. the ecu could be having signal read issues due to the different signals.
    if you think its a pulse error then you can adjust the speedo ppm setting in the tcu interface.

also if you have a 2009 corvette ecu then you should be posting in the Gen IV section. I would recommend posting in the GM Transmission section as well to see if the guys that camp out in the trans section have any better advice.
    Last edited by cobaltssoverbooster; 03-26-2019 at 09:14 PM.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman