Thread: How do I speed up tap up tap down process?

Tuner in Training

How do I speed up tap up tap down process?

I have tap up tap down working in a 2007 Miata with a 525hp crate engine and 2015 6l80e.It was purchased as a package with harness and pcm through Zero Gravity in Az. We used the stock Miata automatic steering wheel and shifter. We added a gate to the shifter to enable the transmission to grab D4 which puts it in "Sport" mode. From there just touch any shifter button and the paddles are enabled. Unfortunately the owner feels he cannot live with the lag time between button actuation and the actual shift time. I know GM made some major software changes in 2012 and I have been led to believe I have the proper OS on both pcm and tcm side of things. The owner is not happy with the response time from the paddles. So two questions, how do I attach my tune and, how do I make the paddles more responsive through the tune.

If it is a package from Zero Gravity the TCM will not function with HP Tuners. You will have to contact Jim for any adjustments.
    -Greg
    2009 Maverick Silver G8 GXP M6 - 586hp
    Engine Mods: TVS 2300 Magnacharger ARH 1 7/8" long tubes with catted x-pipe
    Drivetrain Mods: Ram Dual Disc Clutch
    Suspension Mods: Pedders/Wretched basic drag pack - BMR trailing arms
    Misc Mods: Jamesbiz Catch can - GRRRR8 Heater hose relo kit

Tuner in Training
    We are in contact and he has my tune file. Thanks.

Tuner in Training
    Is there a way to get ahold of this 2012 software change? I have a 2009 G8 GT with a 6L80e and would like to speed up the shift response time after I command an upshift/downshift.

Tuner in Training
    Jim at Zero Gravity sent me an update. Fair improvement on upshifts with tu/td but a drastic improvement with downshifts including full rev math. Now I spent a bunch of money on an engine/trans package from him so I probably wouldn't expect him to just hand over a calibration by asking. Also, I'm sure your pcm/tcm OS needs to be compatible to update properly. Probably worth giving him a call. He's a sharp guy.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the response. After extensive research, it seems as though there will always be some sort of lag from the time that i command the tutd system to the time it reacts. Once the transmission initiates the shift, it is fast. I was trying to eliminate the lag between pushing the gear shift forward(upshift) to the time it responds.