Thread: Slow Support

Tuner in Training

Slow Support

I have been trying to get an issue that started with an error-ed download on my truck for over a week now. The download stopped and faulted right after the "erasing". Truck no start and won't let me download. This was Wednesday afternoon so I shot customer support an email and they got right back to me wanting the programs and some log files. I sent them first thing Thursday morning. Got an email saying that it had been forwarded to the engineers Thursday around noon. Later that afternoon got an email asking me to try a stock download or known good and send the log files. Emailed back that that was what they already had because I had tried that before emailing them.

It is now Friday and my truck that I need for the weekend is still down. So I had it towed down to the dealer late afternoon and they were able to flash it and get it running again. Great! BUT they put the latest update into it and now I can't flash the truck with my latest program because it is telling me the vehicle is not licensed. Same VIN, same serial number but different OS number. Emailed support back that I got it reflashed at the dealer and the not licensed issue. They emailed back Monday

"You will need to re-license the vehicle but I can help you with the to credits. so let me pass this on to the appropriate party and I'll get back to you when it handled."

Now I haven't heard anything back from them since. Sent them a couple of follow ups but nothing back. It is now Thursday and still don't have an answer to the unlicensed issue. I shouldn't have to re-license something I already did because of a download issue.

Has anyone else had this issue? How did you get it resolved?

Mike

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    What is your ticket number? I'll be happy to look into the slow response time.

With that said is is perfectly normal that if you change to a different operating system that you would need to license the newest operating system, we typically don't make exceptions in those cases as covered here https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...icles-licensed
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    looks like its currently in our software designers work in queue.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Hp got this taken care of. Thanks to all that made this happen. Hopefully the log files will bring some light on what happened and why HP wouldn't "wake up" and reflash the ecm.