ported eagle heads
    Cammotion custom 222/234 cam
    stainless works long tube headers and catless mid pipes
    3' catback with h-pipe & pypes violator mufflers
    e-85 tuned
    3.70 lsd

Advanced Tuner
    Only if phaser moves said exhaust lobe 37 degrees total

Yes, but i dont think it does, that is the max it can go, i think stock is closer to 20 though, and limiter is 7.
    2019 challenger rt
    k&N cold air intake
    92mm hellcat throttlebody
    ported 392 intake manifold
    ported eagle heads
    e-85 tuned
    3.70 lsd

It may be worth mentioning that in the newer PCMs (GPEC-2) at least some of the calibrations do not use the VVT spark tables. The scalar values you're looking at (where you see the lockpin value) tell the PCM which VVT spark tables to use depending on the cam position. Since some of the calibrations aren't using them, the cam angles listed along with the lockpin values may not matter, so they may be nonsensical for the particular setup. I know the 2016+ Challenger and Charger stock tunes have a toggle available under the spark table - the VVT spark tables are set to "disabled" in those tunes. This also implies that the different values in the various VVT spark tables are not used.

Advanced Tuner
    i completely agree. Its almost like the engineers mixed up the wot and calibrated numbers when they did the 6.2 but like you said, doesnt matter. So here is a lil something that does matter: first, if yer gonna change cams ya might wanna throw a wheel and a indicator on the thing BEFORE you remove the stock cam. Scanner sees my stock 392 ex lobe centerline 134 degree from tdc at full advance. That's the first thing i would check. That and rate of lift. Anyways, with the stock phaser or a limited one you can create your own retard map. Here is a nearly stock 392 map at work:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Advanced Tuner
    stabbed it from idle ^^^ (650 rpm 134 deg) and that is .100 second later, in that ^^^ pic its at 2600/134 car has not moved

Advanced Tuner
    3200 its now retarded 10 deg to 124 ^^^ car has not moved

ahhh i will have to make a video of what happens in between (i will later) but it just ramps back to here:
    Last edited by LilSick; 04-22-2023 at 06:19 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    i gotta run but if you think about those 3 pix ^^ (and your stall speed) there is room for improvement

Advanced Tuner
    i think something like this will help:

keep the intake valve closing sooner for more grunt until the convertor is at its minimum delta?

Advanced Tuner
    I tried it yesterday at the track but had too much initial lead in it

*well that, and our gas is shit

https://youtube.com/shorts/VPrUD0Ju7Gs?feature=share

Its 7 degrees max. I have a rt, so mine went from 125, to 118. So for a 392, it should go from 134, to 127. Give or take
    2019 challenger rt
    k&N cold air intake
    92mm hellcat throttlebody
    ported 392 intake manifold
    ported eagle heads
    e-85 tuned
    3.70 lsd

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by spoolboy View Post
    Has anybody tried to log and see just how far the cam can really swing with the Comp limiter?
    i have not but when i cam mine i will degree it and determine where exhaust centerline is at full advance with the limiter installed. did you do that????

(gonna measure the shit outta the stock specs too. find out just how soft the rate is so i can compare : )

With the Comp 7* (14* crank) limiter, your cam (on a 6.4) should only move between 134ish* and 120ish*, correct? So for most cams, you'd pretty much put 134 in the lower rpm areas and retard at the top end as the Dyno or timeslip shows is best?

Just making sure I'm understanding the effects of the limiter. I know folks state that stock setup can only move 28 degrees, but I see 134.x* and 96.x* so that is more than 28* by my math.

Has anybody tried to log and see just how far the cam can really swing with the Comp limiter?
    My comp limiter setup phases exactly 14 crank degrees.

Thanks!

Is that what the log shows when commanding beyond that or what the degree wheel shows? There may be a difference.
    Yes, commanding beyond indicates only 14 degrees of phasing.

I personally don't care what a degree wheel may show, because tuning the stock PCM is limited to what the PCM sees and what the PCM is able to do to the cam. Another reason I don't care is that the cam setup I purchased included the comp limiter as a package deal, so there was no worrying about potential valve-to-piston contact issues. I'm also not trying to squeeze every last bit of performance out of my street engine - if I were, I'd probably have a carburetor setup, a phaser lock, and a standalone management system rather than stock PCM with HPT. YMMV.

The logging answer is what I was looking for. Thank you! Do you get any errors codes when commanding past the limiter?
    I've not had an error code. Some of the stock calibrations command several degrees beyond the OEM cam limits.

Quote Originally Posted by rockystock View Post
    My comp limiter setup phases exactly 14 crank degrees.
    Originally Posted by spoolboy View Post
    With the Comp 7* (14* crank) limiter, your cam (on a 6.4) should only move between 134ish* and 120ish*, correct? So for most cams, you'd pretty much put 134 in the lower rpm areas and retard at the top end as the Dyno or timeslip shows is best?

Just making sure I'm understanding the effects of the limiter. I know folks state that stock setup can only move 28 degrees, but I see 134.x* and 96.x* so that is more than 28* by my math.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^*^^*****€^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^

Had a long talk with some friends over the weekend, big question was, why is mopar tuning so difficult, we’ll perfect example right here, you have some hard core petulant children who pull good post and questions when they don’t get their way, or find out their wrong on a certain point, , some of these so called, I want to help people, will post a good working tune for someone, then pull it, which hurts the next guy looking for that solution. You get more future customers by helping than being a petulant child.
    04 GTX........ 8.91@151mph 392Ci G3Hemi NA 3600lbs 2.6HP/CI Naturally Aspirated
    05 GTxtreme 9:45@142mph 426Ci G3Hemi NA 4000lbs
    G3 Hemi Videos

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClS...5mXdDR5sOxs10Q

Advanced Tuner
    deep down you miss him

huh?

: )

he is not the reason mopar is hard to tune

seems like my pcm changes how it uses the tables all by itself

swear

Quote Originally Posted by LilSick View Post
    deep down you miss him

huh?

he is not the reason mopar is hard to tune

seems like my pcm changes how it uses the tables all by itself

swear
    Mr Purple Ram was fit to be tied Saturday, between his morning of tearing down a Boosted 5.7 that some internet "protuner's tune melted 3 pistons and mother nature's rain postponing his Bike Night Gig.
    62 Biscayne 425/409 SS/D stock class car 10.60s
    66 Dart 426CIG3 8.60@171 2750lbs Naturally asperated
    04 Ram All Alum , 468Ci G3 10.50s @4800 lbs Naturally asperated
    04 Rumble Bee, built 6.1 ,4000lbs 10.48 @ 129s MPH. Naturally asperated
    05 Rumble Stock 5.7, 3.92s TUNE ONLY 13.94@98mph

Advanced Tuner
    boost and gasoline in same sentence

and in 2023 nonetheless

Quote Originally Posted by LilSick View Post
    boost and gasoline in same sentence

and in 2023 nonetheless

When you live in an area where e85 is hard to come by, you do what you have to.
    04 GTX........ 8.91@151mph 392Ci G3Hemi NA 3600lbs 2.6HP/CI Naturally Aspirated
    05 GTxtreme 9:45@142mph 426Ci G3Hemi NA 4000lbs
    G3 Hemi Videos

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClS...5mXdDR5sOxs10Q