Thread: Tundra light burbles

Potential Tuner

Tundra light burbles

Hi,

I tried to program light burbles/crackles on deceleration. But as soon as I fully release the gas pedal, I have fuel cut and 10? ignition angle and no burbles. Throttle position is 18%. But when I stay just a tiny little bit on the gas pedal, it crackles. I have -5? ignition angle as edited, throttle position is 20% and no fuel cut.

Does anyone have an idea how to solve this?

Thank you, Olaf

Quote Originally Posted by ECUWare View Post
    Hi,

I tried to program light burbles/crackles on deceleration. But as soon as I fully release the gas pedal, I have fuel cut and 10? ignition angle and no burbles. Throttle position is 18%. But when I stay just a tiny little bit on the gas pedal, it crackles. I have -5? ignition angle as edited, throttle position is 20% and no fuel cut.

Does anyone have an idea how to solve this?

Thank you, Olaf
    Hi,

Does your car has Cat?
    Almost all Toyota cars i tuned for burbles act like that. You need to press the gas pedal to hear it.
    Try to tune all Spark tables and try again. or post your tune i will try to help.

Potential Tuner
    Sorry for my late reply, I forgot to activate email notifications.

Yes, the car still has cat. I changed min, base, high and low octane spark tables, but that is not the problem, it's the fuel cut. As soon as you release the pedal you have fuel cut. I have not found maps for delayed fuel maps. Maybe torque related maps when throttle position (load) is < 20% increase torque request just a little to have burbles, just thinking.

Sorry for my late reply, I forgot to activate email notifications.

Yes, the car still has cat. I changed min, base, high and low octane spark tables, but that is not the problem, it's the fuel cut. As soon as you release the pedal you have fuel cut. I have not found maps for delayed fuel maps. Maybe torque related maps when throttle position (load) is < 20% increase torque request just a little to have burbles, just thinking.
    Try to make the car a bit rich at deceleration. and let me know please.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.AT View Post
    Try to make the car a bit rich at deceleration. and let me know please.
    Does not make sense because you already have fuel cut. I'm thinking about this map:

Bildschirmfoto 2023-08-08 um 19.43.29.jpg

But I have a problem to test it, the Tundra is from 2008, HPTuners can't read the PCM. I read the file with other tool, converted it to .hpt file, but unfortunately I can't find this map in binary file.

You do know it will kill the cats, o2s and even burn the exhaust valve right? Does not matter really how aggressive either.
    2013 CTS-V Coupe M6 - 1 7/8" Headers, 3" x-pipe, stock mufflers, Airaid intake w/green filter, ID1050X injectors, DSXtuning flex fuel kit, DMS under hood tank, upgraded pump, 3/4" lines, griptec 2.4" pulley, solid isolator, 100mm idler, reinforced brick, MM mild catch can, AEM 30-0334 wbo2, 600whp/630wtq

Does not make sense because you already have fuel cut. I'm thinking about this map:

Bildschirmfoto 2023-08-08 um 19.43.29.jpg

But I have a problem to test it, the Tundra is from 2008, HPTuners can't read the PCM. I read the file with other tool, converted it to .hpt file, but unfortunately I can't find this map in binary file.
    I never tried to adjust that map.
    if you want to send the binary file. i will try to open it and adjust it for you.
    after that u can compare btw the 2 files to find the map.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.AT View Post
    I never tried to adjust that map.
    if you want to send the binary file. i will try to open it and adjust it for you.
    after that u can compare btw the 2 files to find the map.
    Found it, I will try if it's working.

Bildschirmfoto 2023-08-09 um 08.11.13.png

Found it, I will try if it's working.

Bildschirmfoto 2023-08-09 um 08.11.13.png
    Nice. waiting for the result