Thread: help please

Tuner in Training

help please

really need some help here I purchased the tuner hoping to be able to be able to help out with making my truck better. I did a ls swap into it a year ago with a 4.8 and a 4l80e trans sent the comp. to a guy and he set the program for the tire and gear I was going to run and I am still running. I have now built a 5.3 h.o. engine with the 4l80e and I need a good base to begin with. I was told earlier that I needed to post my tune for help but I read my truck and saved file when I try to right click on it to be able to copy and paste it I do not get the option to do anything with it. any help would be greatly appreciated I am not laptop literate and computers on desks scare me more than my scanner ands my truck I understand what they say. thank you in advance for any help!

Click advanced reply and find the attachments icon so you can post the tune file.

Provide all details when you do post up a thread/post about your questions.

Like all things that matter anyway. For example, you've said the engine size but did you change injectors, fuel system type, how much fuel pressure, still running a MAF sensor etc etc etc.

All that will make it easier to suggest the required changes to make it run okay enough to start tuning it.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    thank you but all I can do is copy from my computer file. I am running stock injectors gm number 25317628 at 58 to 65 psi with adjustable fuel pressure regulator. running a 102mm throttle body along with a maf #213-4160. there are not cats on it running upstream 02 no downstream. 3:73 rear gear with 275/60/15 tire. I am running the advanced in the program bus still do not get that option I have read my truck and really just grasping at straws hoping for help please.

The only way to do attachments is from your computer file, so that is not a problem.

This forum requires you to go into the advanced reply window, then click the attachments icon so you can browse your computer files for the file you wish to attach.

It should be a paperclip icon with a downward arrow.

Those injectors are kinda small, if the engine is hopped up with a decent camshaft, they probably will be too small. That part number came back to 25-26lb/hr at 58psi.
    Last edited by 5FDP; 03-29-2019 at 07:27 PM.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    what tab is the advanced option under all I see is advanced settings

It's not a tab, I'm talking about on the internet forum right here where you type the message.

I assume you are using a computer or laptop to type on this forum. This box is the quick reply box, on the bottom is a "Go Advanced" box which is in the center of the "post quick reply" and the "cancel" icon.

Click go advanced and find the paper clip icon, which is next to the smiley face.

Tuner in Training
    I can

Tuner in Training
    I still can't get to be able to post if I can figure it out I will post it up for you.

Tuner in Training
    when I try to browse my files it has website underlined right beside where it says on your computer when I browse them my file is not in there because I don't know how to get my read file into there website like the other repository ones. I have downloaded a file from there for a 03 Silverado but it won't let me write that file to my truck. I have the credits purchased for doing so. again any help would be appreciated. as for the injectors and such yes they are stock and i'm not really asking for much but the original tuner set stoich. at a flat line 14.68:1 across the board and even with the 4.8 it was a gutless dog now it is still the same.

I don't know what to tell you. You'll have to watch youtube video's or something so you can figure out how to post things to the forum. The forum, not the HP Tuners website, will let you post your files directly from your documents if you just follow what I said above.

Also, never take someone else tune file and try to write it to your vehicle. That will only cost you more credits and anger when something goes wrong.

It's likely the two credits you used were just for your file, meaning you can change YOUR file and write it as many times as you wish. That is how this software was designed, you pay once and never again when using your own files, not someone else's.