Thread: Dyno tune help?

Potential Tuner

Dyno tune help?

Alright so after my tune I'm having a couple little issues.

1.my idle seems excessively rich pretty sure I'm misting raw fuel out the tail pipes. I've also went through 2 sets of O2 sensors since the end of January and they are unbelievably black I've done some research and it could be injector timing. and I'm definitely not getting that nice cam lope "TSP stage 3 231/246 111"

2. I had horrible cam surge at cruising rpms went to 4.10s and its helped but god forbid I don't downshift on time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Got a log file?

Do you have a wideband o2 sensor installed?

If not, you need one.

It surely is a fat tune at full throttle for a NA engine, like why would they want it to command 11.5 being NA. You could totally get away with ~12.5 at full throttle.

I'll say this too, it was only "half" tuned on the airflow model. Super common for some dyno shops because they refuse to take the time to full dial in every car. It's about time and money to them, they get the basics done, flog it on the dyno to make sure it's okay, get you a kewl looking dyno graph for the internets and send you on your way. It could take several hours of data logging to dial in both halfs of the airflow model, then even more time if things like idle airflow settings, adaptive idle settings and injection timing need to be addressed further.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    I will attempt a log tomorrow morning literaly bought the mpvi2 last week since ive been reading and I couldn't really get any help until I was able to pull the tune.

Wideband yes Aem had to buy another sensor for that also since it just faulted out im assuming also because its covered in soot and just didn't like it I have a new one in the garage I can install over the weekend but from my understanding I will also need to buy the pro kit for me to be able to log it correct?

Half tuned is not really what I wanted to hear but that's what I was beginning to believe after reading quite a few posts on here is there anyway to tune it completely with just data logging or will I have to take it back to the dyno shop?

If the AEM wideband is the newer one with the OBD2 dongle, then you don't need the PRO.

All this tuning can be done on the streets, probably 90% of people that own this software all do it on the street because dyno time costs lots of money.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    I have the x series eugo P/N 30-0300 unfortunately the hardwire version since I'm running another gauge that is using the obd2 port.

Potential Tuner
    log 1.hpllayout 1.Layout.xml Here's a log hopefully I did this right.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by DlowN View Post
    log 1.hpllayout 1.Layout.xml Here's a log hopefully I did this right.
    A log is a .hpl file format.
    07 Silverado 5.3 full exhaust, CAI, BTR Stage 2 turbo cam and springs 226/231 .605"/.598" 113+4

Potential Tuner
    how about this?

Tuner in Training
    Not sure where to start here. Are you trying to fix the tune, or fix the fueling? The spark table is a mess. The PE is so far off it is not even funny. Does the car have cats on it? You need to be logging MAF frequency. I cannot tell how far off you are at cruise, but your o2 sensor on bank 2 is not working. Either that, or you have a dead cylinder over there. Have you pulled plugs? I assume you also have headers? There is a lot going on here. I would add MAF to the scan, set up some STFT MAF tables, remember to disable LFTF in scanner, and would pull the plugs on bank 2. As a start. The car is so rich, I bet it is surging all over the place. For the idle lope, that is controlled by the Idle spark adapts for over and underspeed. Just make it add or pull more timing at a lower rpm, and it will lope. Do some research on how to adjust idle. Get another log with MAF and post it.

Chuck

Potential Tuner
    Well I'm not sure either but at this point is sounds like I've got a lot of research and work to do and that the tuner I went to half assed it so I think I will be attempting to correct the tune myself with the help of this forum of course.

Yes the car has 1 7/8 lts and high flow cats x-pipe and 3" exhaust.
    logging MAF frequency would be on the channels correct? Or would you like it somewhere else?
    STFT MAF tables I'm honestly not sure how to set those up yet.
    Thanks for the help

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by DlowN View Post
    Well I'm not sure either but at this point is sounds like I've got a lot of research and work to do and that the tuner I went to half assed it so I think I will be attempting to correct the tune myself with the help of this forum of course.

Yes the car has 1 7/8 lts and high flow cats x-pipe and 3" exhaust.
    logging MAF frequency would be on the channels correct? Or would you like it somewhere else?
    STFT MAF tables I'm honestly not sure how to set those up yet.
    Thanks for the help
    yes, add it to channels. I cant help correct any fueling without seeing where the issues are. But seriously. I would check the passenger bank of the motor to see if it is an O2 problem or if you have a cylinder not firing. Start there.

Potential Tuner
    Ok I added MAF frequency to channels. Jacked the car up and my passenger o2 extension harness is toast stupid me forgot to zip tie it away from the header anyway got that fixed fired it up and check engine light cleared up. Now to go log how should I drive during the log or does it matter and how long should the drive be?

Tuner in Training
    I usually drive for about 5-10 minutes. That will be a starting point. For reference on how things should kind of look like, this is an auto car so ignore the trans stuff, but it has a BTR stage 2 (smaller cam), but not too much. Has headers and cat delete. Look at it and see how the lope on the idle is done, and how the spark and PE tables are setup. Its not a perfect tune, but is closer to where you need to be. It is MAF only setup, and doesn't reference VE tables. Don't copy values straight over. torqur mgmt reduction.hptTTACH]88279[/ATTACH]

Potential Tuner
    Heres a log with MAF frequency in channels sorry its a little longer than 10 mins.

Advanced Tuner
    the whole file needs some work.

but as for your light throttle surging, halve the high and low spark smoothing gain tables. and set the 3 boxes above those tables all to 35.