Thread: 2015 sierra speedometer

Potential Tuner

2015 sierra speedometer

2015 1500 4wd sierra with 5.3 / 6l80 are we able to change tire size to correct speedometer and not have any problems with stabiltrac or anything?
    if I remember right there use to be a issue
    Last edited by greggwv; 11-15-2015 at 07:14 AM.

no issue. the problem happens when you max out the limiters. instead, just raise them to a practical level.

Tuner
    X2 with Higgs don't max out limiters just put a limit
    Josh Performance Tuning (956)784-0059
    https://www.facebook.com/joshperformancetuning

Potential Tuner
    not to bring up old things, but I used the auto tire calculator to adjust my speedo to reflect the bigger tire size.. Now when I turn sharp and hit the gas I get a growl, and traction control light flashes and reduces power until the wheel is straight. I have been told that this is because the wheel sensor isn't matching with the trans sensor... or something of that nature causing it to reduce power... only help I've received was to get a hyper tech tuner to fix this issue.. kinda defeats the purpose of getting hp tuner if that's the only offer to fix this IMO.. I have
    15. 5.3 Silverado. 4x4 Any help would be nice.

sounds like installation error....you get a growl, sounds like the wrong wheel offset or tire size and rubbing the fender or liner or suspension.

i do 3 or 4 simple lift/big tire tunes per month and never had an issue with it.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    sounds like installation error....you get a growl, sounds like the wrong wheel offset or tire size and rubbing the fender or liner or suspension.

i do 3 or 4 simple lift/big tire tunes per month and never had an issue with it.
    that's why I thought, but nothing rubs, no clearance issues. doesn't do it if I "granny drive" around a corner, but if I get into it while turning everything goes into limp mode until the truck gets straight again with the traction control indicator light blinking... google searched this issue and i'm not the only one having this problem for this truck. I didn't have an issue when the stock tires were on the truck. the 35's have brought up the issue. I have found that the growling that I hear is the stabilitrac trying to fix the tires as if the truck was starting to loose control....

Needing a little help here as well. I have yet to do this new of a GM product for speedo correction, and want to ask for some advice. So it looks like all I need to calculate is the tire rev/mile, and enter it into the Speedo>Calibration>Sensor Calibration box, under both the Dist and Dist Trans boxes, Is this correct? I have a customer with non OEM tire size that needs the speedo set right. The vehicle is a 2015 Silverado 5.3.

Thank you in advance.
    '17 Whipple'd S550
    Too many other projects to list.....see my YouTube channel for more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr7...-XfDG53sCh6tcw