Thread: Jeep JK 392 Hemi with NAG1

Tuner in Training

Jeep JK 392 Hemi with NAG1

I have a 2013 Jeep JKU fitted with a 392 Hemi with the original NAG1 gearbox.

Mods include:
    Modified CAI off a C300
    LT Tri-Y custom headers
    Comp Cam (Custom grind) + Cam Phaser
    Manley Valve Springs
    Hellcat Lifters
    Ported Heads
    MDS Delete
    90mm BBK TB
    4:10 gear ratio
    35" Tyres

The ECU was tuned by a shop that rebuild and modify a lot of Hemi's. The TCM was also tuned elsewhere to offset typical Jeep JK issues like, hangs at high RPM in most gears, won?t shift unless you let off the throttle, or shifts at the wrong RPM.

Needless to mention that I'm curious in nature and wanted to start looking into my Jeeps tuning and once I understand more I will look into my 2012 Dodge Ram 1500 also with the 5.7L Hemi.
    I'm very new to tuning and have recently invested in MPVI2 Pro kit. As always I'm a strong believer that things can be optimized. Still waiting for my AEM 30-0300 X-Series Wideband to arrive.

I have read a lot and must admit it is overwhelming as a starter, but I am getting to understand more and more everyday.

Ok, so what do I need help with... is the following:
    1) When I connect my MPVI2 to my Jeep, I noticed that it does not recognize the PCM. I have to scroll down the hardware list and select the GPEC2. No issues with reading or writing to it selected as a GPEC2. The TCM is a EGS53.
    2) I don't see the option to change Tire size of Gear ratio in VCM Scanner... I have sent an email to HP Tuner support but nothing as yet.
    3) I don't seem to find any Knock option when I try to add a channel in my VCM Scanner layout. I do however see all Knock parameters in the PCM via VCM Editor.
    4) I have read that one can reset adaptives in VCM scanner... Can someone please help me understand where that is.
    5) I have no idea on how to verify Cam parameters. I have played a little-bit on my TB Airflow.

I need a lot of help here as far as a recommended VCM Scanner layout setup for Hemi's or my situation where I'm still waiting for my WB and not currently able to see / log Knock... Maybe I'm missing something here.
    I have changed a few settings after a lot of reading and have switched NN back on again... Needless to say my Jeep does actually feel better with NN on and my idle have improved drastically. Yes I have tweaked PE to what I want... but can't verify where that is in real-time... waiting for WB. I did also take a stab at InjPW vs Fuel Mass and Fuel Mass vs InjPW... I know I should do this when I have a WB...

I can share a quick Log file if anyone is prepared to teach me a few tricks here... BTW, I'm not intending to become a Commercial Tuner. I just want to become proficient in tuning the cars I own and drive myself.

Appreciate any help that you can offer here.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by JWM_Jankowitz; 03-31-2019 at 10:33 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Also want to ask if anyone have a bit more detailed Injector data on the OEM Mopar injector used on the 392 Hemi's?

Tuner in Training
    Also my 1st attempt to do a bit of tuning via ANN eventually did not work for me. Initially my Jeep idled a lot better that what it currently does. I found that it was not idling and stalling.
    Back to the drawing board for me on this... So much more to learn ;-)

I did at least try... Any Tuners out there that might give a newcomer a hand? Can share my file if anyone interested.

Thanks

we have swapped 5.7 into JK wrangler.
    and got issue that we dont see RPM and cant start car. we left 3.6 wiring loom and ecu (ecu was modified, missing parts were added for extra 2 cylinders)
    can you tell me please what wiring and ecu did u use?

Quote Originally Posted by JWM_Jankowitz View Post
    I have a 2013 Jeep JKU fitted with a 392 Hemi with the original NAG1 gearbox.

Mods include:
    Modified CAI off a C300
    LT Tri-Y custom headers
    Comp Cam (Custom grind) + Cam Phaser
    Manley Valve Springs
    Hellcat Lifters
    Ported Heads
    MDS Delete
    90mm BBK TB
    4:10 gear ratio
    35" Tyres

The ECU was tuned by a shop that rebuild and modify a lot of Hemi's. The TCM was also tuned elsewhere to offset typical Jeep JK issues like, hangs at high RPM in most gears, won?t shift unless you let off the throttle, or shifts at the wrong RPM.

Needless to mention that I'm curious in nature and wanted to start looking into my Jeeps tuning and once I understand more I will look into my 2012 Dodge Ram 1500 also with the 5.7L Hemi.
    I'm very new to tuning and have recently invested in MPVI2 Pro kit. As always I'm a strong believer that things can be optimized. Still waiting for my AEM 30-0300 X-Series Wideband to arrive.

I have read a lot and must admit it is overwhelming as a starter, but I am getting to understand more and more everyday.

Ok, so what do I need help with... is the following:
    1) When I connect my MPVI2 to my Jeep, I noticed that it does not recognize the PCM. I have to scroll down the hardware list and select the GPEC2. No issues with reading or writing to it selected as a GPEC2. The TCM is a EGS53.
    2) I don't see the option to change Tire size of Gear ratio in VCM Scanner... I have sent an email to HP Tuner support but nothing as yet.
    3) I don't seem to find any Knock option when I try to add a channel in my VCM Scanner layout. I do however see all Knock parameters in the PCM via VCM Editor.
    4) I have read that one can reset adaptives in VCM scanner... Can someone please help me understand where that is.
    5) I have no idea on how to verify Cam parameters. I have played a little-bit on my TB Airflow.

I need a lot of help here as far as a recommended VCM Scanner layout setup for Hemi's or my situation where I'm still waiting for my WB and not currently able to see / log Knock... Maybe I'm missing something here.
    I have changed a few settings after a lot of reading and have switched NN back on again... Needless to say my Jeep does actually feel better with NN on and my idle have improved drastically. Yes I have tweaked PE to what I want... but can't verify where that is in real-time... waiting for WB. I did also take a stab at InjPW vs Fuel Mass and Fuel Mass vs InjPW... I know I should do this when I have a WB...

I can share a quick Log file if anyone is prepared to teach me a few tricks here... BTW, I'm not intending to become a Commercial Tuner. I just want to become proficient in tuning the cars I own and drive myself.

Appreciate any help that you can offer here.

Tuner in Training
    I believe the ECU that I have is a GPEC2 from a 6.1L SRT. The ECU & wiring loom came from Dan McKeag from Dakota Customs.
    Hope this help.
    Last edited by JWM_Jankowitz; 04-02-2019 at 02:04 PM.

another JK 6.4

Sorry I know its old thread,

just got my self a 2017 JK with 6.4 and NAG1 as well

starting to read and learn about the 6.4 and hoping to improve the tune soon

I logged while driving to see what its doing, didn't do any setup for the VCM scanner yet (appreciate your inputs here also)

having below doubts :

1-Throttle voltage reaches to 4.3V while throttle position senor showing 55% approx. , is that normal ? i thought throttle is 3.8V max ?
    2- i see KR senor 2 reading up to 4.95 sometimes while sensor 1 showing around 1.04 and total KR is bulling up to 10.5 of timing, how to solve this ?

attached photos and log file

appreciate your input

1.jpg
    2.jpg
    • File Type: hpl 1.hpl (7.13 MB, 11 views)

-10 at 4400 RPMS is a big issue. what type of fuel are you using?

www.n2speed.com
    http://www.amp4x4.com
    [email protected]

Dodge And GM Tuning Suppport
    Diablosport CMR | HP Tuners

Quote Originally Posted by N2speed View Post
    -10 at 4400 RPMS is a big issue. what type of fuel are you using?
    Using best we have here so called 98,

Yeah I believe that's pretty bad -10 timing hence I'm asking you opinion what I need to be looking for

Question

here is current tune, appreciate your comments

Lightbulb

did another log today, still see KR in part throttle from sensor 2 again, not sure why is it happening

its running rich already at 11.13 across whole PE table, whic i wanted to bring up to 12.2-12.3

appreciate your support guys

Any feedback guys ?