Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Roush Strategy FPDW3FA

2013 Roush Strategy FPDW3FA

I have looked on the repository for a 2013 Roush Strategy FPDW3FA. im trying to tune my car with a VMP Gen 3. I have wired in the IAT2 but i cannot find a strategy that will allow me to turn it on. Thanks for any help.

Quote Originally Posted by Joey351sc View Post
    I have looked on the repository for a 2013 Roush Strategy FPDW3FA. im trying to tune my car with a VMP Gen 3. I have wired in the IAT2 but i cannot find a strategy that will allow me to turn it on. Thanks for any help.

I'm a fan of the FPDX strategy
    Attached Files Attached Files

does this one have the IAT2? Thanks CCS86

Yup, has the "MCT Switch" to enable IAT2.

It's the Ford Racing supercharged strategy. Have it running beautifully on my '12 GT w/ VMP Gen II

thanks man

thanks man
    I've been using this 13' Roush strategy on my 2011 and the knock control works good when enabled and it has the IAT2 switch. I've also had support add a lot of the tables some where missing over the past two years.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by bbrooks98; 04-03-2019 at 09:25 PM.
    2011 Mustang GT TT A6
    1998 Eclipse GSX Awd

Quote Originally Posted by CCS86 View Post
    Yup, has the "MCT Switch" to enable IAT2.

It's the Ford Racing supercharged strategy. Have it running beautifully on my '12 GT w/ VMP Gen II
    Just noticed they use the dashpot stuff for idle did it come that way or you adjusted it?
    2011 Mustang GT TT A6
    1998 Eclipse GSX Awd

Quote Originally Posted by bbrooks98 View Post
    Just noticed they use the dashpot stuff for idle did it come that way or you adjusted it?

That's how it came to me. I have actually gotten the torque based decel dialed in on mine and much prefer it.

idk what is going on. I licensed this tune. I flashed it to my car. runs ok. I finally got time today to tune on the throttle body. it want let me flash the car now. it says unlicensed tune. This hpt is getting on my nerves. Im about to buy the SCT and try it.

I've been using this 13' Roush strategy on my 2011 and the knock control works good when enabled and it has the IAT2 switch. I've also had support add a lot of the tables some where missing over the past two years.
    yea the tune worked ok with it having the iat2. only thing is i lost all my track pack apps in the cluster. I have a 13 Strategy now but i will have to license it .

Advanced Tuner
    idk what is going on. I licensed this tune. I flashed it to my car. runs ok. I finally got time today to tune on the throttle body. it want let me flash the car now. it says unlicensed tune. This hpt is getting on my nerves. Im about to buy the SCT and try it.
    How many credits did you burn total? It can take up to 6 credits if you license everything but I think it can work with 4 credits if you do not license your original vin and OS (first one below) - I think!

2 credits = your vin + your OS
    2 credits = new vin + new OS
    2 credits = your vin + new OS

Quote Originally Posted by blackbolt22 View Post
    How many credits did you burn total? It can take up to 6 credits if you license everything but I think it can work with 4 credits if you do not license your original vin and OS (first one below) - I think!

2 credits = your vin + your OS
    2 credits = new vin + new OS
    2 credits = your vin + new OS

i only spent 4. it will not let give me the chance to purchase again.

Advanced Tuner
    i only spent 4. it will not let give me the chance to purchase again.
    Do a read again and try again.

i did a read vehicle. it still just keeps popping up unlicensed.

Advanced Tuner
    i did a read vehicle. it still just keeps popping up unlicensed.
    If it's popping up unlicensed it should be asking to license it? check the vin and os of the last read you did. Does it match your actual vin and original or new OS?

Strange the Track apps don't work? They show up on mine with a 13 cluster.

For mine I had a buddy with a SCT dealer setup and he just sent me a base file to flash in since I had a hand held. Once I did that I pulled it with HP tuners and only had to pay 2 credits.

Maybe if you know someone or are working with someone who has that software you can ask them. You can also then return the vehicle to stock with the handheld and return it and then upload your HPtuners file and the hand held goes back to unmarried.
    2011 Mustang GT TT A6
    1998 Eclipse GSX Awd

Quote Originally Posted by blackbolt22 View Post
    If it's popping up unlicensed it should be asking to license it? check the vin and os of the last read you did. Does it match your actual vin and original or new OS?
    I tried to write it again. It worked that time. So maybe mine only used 4 credits total.

Strange the Track apps don't work? They show up on mine with a 13 cluster.

For mine I had a buddy with a SCT dealer setup and he just sent me a base file to flash in since I had a hand held. Once I did that I pulled it with HP tuners and only had to pay 2 credits.

Maybe if you know someone or are working with someone who has that software you can ask them. You can also then return the vehicle to stock with the handheld and return it and then upload your HPtuners file and the hand held goes back to unmarried.

some of my track apps work but all the Air/Fuel and other gauges dont work.

Advanced Tuner
    I tried to write it again. It worked that time. So maybe mine only used 4 credits total.
    Cool, glad you got it! Yeah I think if you don't flash your original OS you can save 2 credits.

some of my track apps work but all the Air/Fuel and other gauges dont work.

Strange that is how my 13' cluster would act with the 2011 calibration before I updated to this Roush 13' calibration. My thoughts at the time were that the earlier (2011-2012)configurations didn't have the dash CAN bus assigned to send those parameters. The 2012 FPDX0A8 map listed above I'd assume would do that in a 13' car.
    2011 Mustang GT TT A6
    1998 Eclipse GSX Awd