Thread: Cable no longer works after updating software

Potential Tuner

Cable no longer works after updating software

I had been using an old 3.4 version since it was the last version I had before my car went down a little over a year ago. Flashed the car with a tune and ran a bunch of logs over the past week. Updated to newest software because a tune wouldn't open that tuner sent me. Still wouldn't open after update so then updated to the latest beta which then allowed it to open the file.

At this point my cable became useless to flash a tune or to log with the scanner. I get error boxes saying invalid cable and don't have license support. Make sure I have correct application key.

This is where my next problem starts. I went to the box the cable came in from back in 2015 and it had a paper in it saying the key would be in an email. I looked through emails and don't have but a few from hptuners and they are just telling me there were updates available in 2016. I tried logging in to my account on hptuners.com and it said my email didn't exist which I have had for a very long time so I couldn't have used a different email and like mentioned I had a few emails from hp anyway so they have my email. So having said that I can't go on there to look af my key on the account. I created a new account but that isn't helping me with getting my application key, so how can I get that again?

I am hoping that will fix my issue since 2 others said they had the same problem with their cable failing to work after updating and they put in their application key again and it worked.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Symptoms would suggest you are using an old application key which would make it an invalid app key. Update to your newest app key. If that doesn't work please open a support ticket here https://support.hptuners.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    I have never done anything with application keys since the day I got it back in 2015, just updated the software occasionally up until just over a year ago when the car went down. Where would I be getting this newest application key from?

I also did submit the issue on Ticket ID 167669 but figured I probably wouldn't get anywhere with that since it was a Saturday night and now a Sunday. So again, you say update to my newest app key, where is this app key?

I see a lot of people were having this same sort of issue now that I looked on the forum spanning back several months. I am on a Microsoft Surface with Windows 10 pro. Had no issue scanning and writing the car early in the day with old software, later in day update to the "latest and greatest" and no longer would work.

I found an old version of HP which is 3.4 in my downloads folder so I uninstalled the newest full version and the newest beta that I just downloaded yesterday and opened up my current tune from the car with HP Tuners 3.4 and can adjust and save the file as well as write and scan which I couldn't do any of with the new version.
    Last edited by Urbamworm; 03-31-2019 at 12:21 PM.