Thread: Help with cam tune please.

Tuner in Training

Help with cam tune please.

Hello and thanks for dropping in, 2007 classic silverado with borg s480 bosch 210's twin 340lph in tanks . The cam is the LJMS stage 1 twin turbo cam, specs are 222/231 .602/.598 112+4. most of that is all greek to me. I found some tunes on the repository with cams but now my idle is hanging up real high almost all the time sometimes it comes down to a nice soft lope and 800ish but its rare in gear seems just fine too.White truck high idle.hplwhite truck.Channels.xmlcurrent tune with jakes stuff 2 bar less fuel at idle.hpt. If more info is needed ill get it. THANK YOU! I forgot to add that it starts like shit.
    Last edited by DMC36W; 03-31-2019 at 08:50 AM.

Never use someone else's tune when you have no idea if it's good or not.

Everything is going to be custom to your setup. You need to calibrate this engine for it's specific needs.

Here's part of the your issue, you are running 210lb/hr injector but you have not changed that in the tune, it still thinks you are running 33lb/hr injectors. You can see how this is going to be a huge issue.

Injector data is critical to how well the engine is going to run. Get the data correct, then work on the VE table.

It seems that you have tried to scale the fueling way way back because the VE is way down into the 20's instead of plugging in the injector data.

I can't see what the fueling is like because there is no wideband data and you aren't logging fuel trims. Which I also can't tell if you are attempting to run this engine in open loop without fuel trims.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Never use someone else's tune when you have no idea if it's good or not.

This times infinity. I just tuned a supercharged c5. Like an idiot, I thought "ill just make some corrections to the tune the last guy did even though it looks like shit." Always start fresh, otherwise you could chase your tail. You never know what someone else has done

Tuner in Training
    Thanks guys! the injector data is from ID's website, maybe i did it wrong?

It appears you copied over the incorrect scaling in the first tune. You copied the g/sec into the lb/hr table. Make sure all of your units of measure line up, ex: g/sec to g/sec or lb/hr to lb/hr or kpa to kpa or psi to psi.

Listen to the above warnings. It would be best to start over with stock idle settings, all of them. 13 to 14 g/sec is a shit ton of air, especially for a 5.3 with assuming very little over lap cam and forced induction.

You are not logging no where near enough stuff. You would be best to invest the money in a proper wideband and gauge, you spent a bunch of money on this truck and it would be a shame for it go BOOM. Get that into the scanner for proper fueling adjustments.