Thread: corvette z06 f1a94 making no power?

Advanced Tuner

corvette z06 f1a94 making no power?

The car is a a8 z06, i tuned it when it was stock blower and went 10.8@132mph, it was sold and the new owner went with a different tuner, and now it has come back to me with a procharger on it, but the car is making even less horsepower than it did on the stock blower and i cant find a reason for it to happen

we tested the system for leaks, there are no leaks, we checked the by pass valve, its ok, we tested the engine for compression and leakdown tests it all came ok, we even tested different pulleys and there is no change in power.

the car has:
    long tube headers
    full 3" exhaust with the npp
    aux fuel pump
    innovators west 16% overdrive crank pulley
    f1a94 supercharger kit

So we tested on the stock pulley that came with the system (i think it was 4.3")
    dynopulleyday2.hpl

then we tested the 4.13 pulley, when we tested this pulley the car went leaner and it needed some correction so i though that it was going on the right direction, but ended up again at the same horsepower than before.
    dynopulleyday4.hpl

then i corrected the afr
    dynopulleyday5.hpl

and last we tested the 4.00" pulley it needed no change on the tune, it still made the same 54x whp as the two pulleys before
    dynopulleyday8.hpl

On this last tune i tried adding 20% to the torque tables and see if it made any change but there was nothing so i left it there as there seemed to be no change in power with any change i made on the tune or mechanically i started the day on 54x whp and three pulleys later it still had 54x whp when i feel the car should be well into the 700's whp, there is no belt slip as we made sure the belt was as tight as we could get it to be and we went with shorter belts on every pulley change.

Any ideas, anything i havent seen, any experience like this?

this is where the tune ended up
    prochargertune14.hpt

we tested all of this in non alcohol (E0) 100 octane fuel

Probably start with the 240 degree intake air temps. Log manifold air temp and see where that is too.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    if you have a break-out of your IAT from MAF its probably scaled wrong
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Advanced Tuner
    i have one with manifold temp
    dynopulleyday1.hpl
    this was with the first pulley 4.3"
    Last edited by mJolnir; 04-01-2019 at 12:31 PM.

With the drop in manifold pressure around 5000rpm, I'd look at it sucking the filter shut... Or some kind of inlet restriction.
    Could also explain the spike in temp, as the blower is overworking.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Proxses View Post
    With the drop in manifold pressure around 5000rpm, I'd look at it sucking the filter shut... Or some kind of inlet restriction.
    Could also explain the spike in temp, as the blower is overworking.
    we took the filter off for all the tests