Thread: g8gt trans tune

Tuner in Training

g8gt trans tune

hey guys I'm new to this tuning with hp but I think I'm heading in the right direction. car was previously tuned and hit a consistent 13.6, only mod is CAI and no cats with mufflers. I started playing with tune and got the car to hit 13.2, I know theres much more in this car, I just need to know if I'm going in the right direction. I think I still need help with the trans settings or tq removed. 2-3 shift still feels sluggish. I know I can still add more timing. I have attached tune and log files, can u guys look at it and see if I'm going in the right direction. thanks a lot guys, let me know if I'm posting this in the right section,
    Attached Files Attached Files

It's pretty fat for a NA tune, 11.9 commanded could be a little much. I'd aim for 12.3-12.5 but you need a wideband to really confirm that you are hitting that. If the only mods are an intake and mufflers I'd be okay with commanding 12.2 and knowing it's close.

Timing curves shouldn't mirror each other, low octane needs to have less timing in it if it knocks. That way it can pull power/timing out. I'd honestly start over with a stock curve and work it from there. Seems to have way less timing in it as cruising speeds than a factory curve.

I like the idea of less timing at the hit then climbing back in as cylinder airmass rises with rpm though. So starting at 15-16 and ramping up to 20-24 is okay.

Try adding 10% to the shift pressure for the 2-3 shift and increase the on-coming pressure presets for the 2-3 shift by like 10% as well, just to test it and see how it reacts. Add a tad more if you think it needs it to the 2 cell. I've also taken about 10% away from the shift torque factor before but not very often.

When you do that sort of pressure change you have to reset the transmission adapts. Flash the file and then before starting the car, open the VCM scanner and connect to the vehicle, click the special functions tab, transmission, then click trans adapt reset and then click preset. Then start the car, it will now relearn and those new settings should take.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.