Thread: aem 31-4110 with mpvi2 pro feature set

Potential Tuner

aem 31-4110 with mpvi2 pro feature set

anyone have a problem with using the aem wide band with the mpvi2. i have it all hooked up and double checked all the connections and most of the time the wide band reads only 14.6. now i know looking it up it says if the sensor is disconnected or lose it will do this or a wire rubbed through. i made sure all connections are good and wires pulled away from anything. Only other thing it did weird is at the end of a log when it was working it went straight lean. it was working right at the beginning then straight 18. i am all for stupid reasons why or if i did something wrong but i dont see it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Hankautomotive; 03-31-2019 at 05:33 PM.

Is the AEM maybe a 30-4110?
    How do you have the AEM wired? Both to the vehicle and to the prolink?
    A log of it working or not would help

Potential Tuner
    the log in the first post is of it going peg lean at the end. and i have it through the fuse box at an un used pin so i added one to the switched side and i have the pro link and the wide band grounded to the block and white wire from the wide band to the red wire on the prolink. and yes sorry it is the 30-4110 aem. and i will get a log in the morning tonight i am home alone with my daughter and she needs to get eeady for bed and i got work in the morning. sorry i forgot to get a scan of it not working.

The attachment in the first post is the 2bar SD tune not a scanner log

Is there a reason you are 2bar?
    What mods do have on this truck?
    The tune looks a little rough and not setup correctly for boost

edit-looked through attached tune now have questions
    Last edited by MakesBadDecisions; 03-31-2019 at 06:44 PM.

Potential Tuner
    sorry this is the scan sorry. and this is the original tune that was in the truck. i did change a few things but didnt try to much as today was the first day i had the wide band in i was going to really start digging into it. the truck is all stock except for a cold air intake and cat back. i do have a set of headers to go on but not installed yet. if you look back i posted when i first got hptuners i uploaded the tune and asked about it. still dont see why this would have needed it. it doesnt look like its been apart for anything. let alone upgrades.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Because you mentioned it I dug back in history and found your origianl post. If you are only playing with a stock truck there is no need for the 2bar OS.

I would honestly get the ECM back to stock, even if that means a trip to the stealership for a factory flash. In the original post it was recommended to verify injectors, did you do that? The reason I ask is because most if not all calculations performed by the ecm come from the injector characterization data, if that is off EVERYTHING will be off.

I think you are going about this correctly, start with a stock vehicle and learn as you go.

Looked at the log. I wonder if the AEM had a fault for some reason as the fuel trims were telling another story. Next time it quits working and you catch it go out and look at the LED lights on the wideband controller. There is a green and red, see what they are doing. The instructions will tell you what the blinking or not lights mean.

Potential Tuner
    i did verify they was 99s and what do you mean about the controller its only a gauge and sensor and in the book that came with it has no mention code lights on anything that would say a controller

Tuner
    You may have a bad gauge. I installed the AEM 30-4110 in my car and it does the same thing,straight lean,sometimes. Every once in a while it reads what it should but most of the time is varies between 13.2 and 13.8 and not showing any other readings,even at WOT.Called the company and they said the gauge is bad.

Sorry man, I had my part numbers mixed up. Either way there may be an issue with the AEM as the fuel trims disagreed with what the logged info was. Did the gauge match the log as far as reading lean at times?

Tuner
    I don't have the gauge connected into the computer,yet. I have just been reading the gauge. My motor is stock,running in SD,with a little VE tuning and all other torque management and timing changes turned off. The few times it has read right,even at WOT=11.8,just what is programed in the computer and varying from 14.2 to 14.7 normal driving. All the other times I have driven it,it just reads 13.2 to 13.7 and not varying from there.Company rep said gauge is bad.

Potential Tuner
    these are the logs from today. i have messaged aem and seeing what they say. their email said they wanted me to connect it right to the battery to see if it the problem where i have it. so i will try it. and i dont wanna flash it back to stock as i will be making a turbo kit for the truck at sometime soon hopefully so i wanna try and just get this right then add the other stuff later