Thread: VCM Scanner - Unhandled exception has occurred....error

Advanced Tuner

VCM Scanner - Unhandled exception has occurred....error

Anyone else getting an "unhandled exception" error with VCM Scanner? It looks like Beta version 4.3.470 and 4.3.475 have issues. I tried it on different PCs with different operating systems and old/new logs and I get the same error. I reluctantly submitted a help ticket as I know HPT is busy but I thought it would at least give them a heads up.

HPT error.JPG

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    what operating system are you running?
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Can you open a support ticket, describe how you're duplicating the issue, and attach any necessary files?

I think I might know what the issue could be.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Advanced Tuner
    Hi Bill/Keith, I did open a ticket (#167806). My one machine was running Win10 and the other Win7 Pro. The beta versions I mentioned above would not open any of my log files (well it would but with the error and none of the data would populate the tables) but when I switched over to the non-beta version of VCM Scanner everything worked as it should.

I should also mention that over the weekend while I was writing a tune to my vehicle, I was prompted that my MPVI2 firmware/driver required updating before use. It might be unrelated to the VCM scanner error but just throwing it out there.
    Last edited by Homer; 04-01-2019 at 01:52 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    So I had a collection of beta downloads and after uninstalling and reinstalling each version, it looks like version 4.3.400 works fine but after that I get the error. Even the latest 4.3.490 gives me the error. So it looks like whatever was done after version 4.3.400 is propagating to all the latest versions.

I was contacted by support but they asked for the specific log file that caused the problem which I told them it does not matter, basically any file (even logs from HP tuner form) gives the error. I was also sent a link that gave instructions on how to obtain vehicle information when I connect the MPVI to the car but the link was dead.

For now I am sticking with 4.3.400. I can't be the only one with this problem. Like I said, this happens on different PCs with different operating systems.

Senior Tuner
    Beta 491 has the fix.

Advanced Tuner
    Must have just come out this morning as only 4.3.490 was available late last night when I tried going through all the previous versions.

Just checked my email, support did notify me that 491 came out today which I tried and it worked.
    Last edited by Homer; 04-04-2019 at 09:28 AM.