Thread: New to HP Tuners

Potential Tuner

New to HP Tuners

I just received my MVPI2 today. I purchased two credits when I placed the order. I?m completely new to tuning just to put that out there. I purchased this software to do very minor things and learn along the way. First things first I download HP Tuners to my laptop this evening, registered my MPVI2 with the serial number and read the stock tune then saved it.

After looking through the editor and checking out the scanner. It appears that I have less access to the ecm than others (based off the YouTube videos I have watched). First off I do not have oxygen sensor readings for the scanner nor throttle position readings while truck is running. It seems as if I have about half of what others are able to view.

In the editor section, under the power enrichment tab. I have significantly less than others.

Lastly, when I try to license my Ecu under the help tab my credits do not appear but the correct serial number appears. On the Hp Tuners website, my account shows two credits.

Any advice?

[Imgur](https://i.imgur.com/Z9gdLC4.jpg)

[Imgur](https://i.imgur.com/vOerGva.jpg)

[Imgur](https://i.imgur.com/21QQjFK.jpg)

[Imgur](https://i.imgur.com/aOLZeL2.jpg)

Re-sync your interface under the help tab. It should prompt you to license the file when you flash it to the vehicle.

Switch to advanced view under the edit tab, basic view should be tossed in the trash and shouldn't even be offered in my opinion.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    I am now licensed and on the advance selection. I’m having trouble finding how to display certain things on the scanner. This first photo is everything before connecting to vehicle. Second photo is connected. It seems as if I lose half the options. One option that remains but isn’t working is throttle position.

You have to add the channels you wish to log. Not every channel is supported by every computer, so some with disappear like that.

Connect to the vehicle, click vehicle and re-poll for supported parameters.

Then either click the gear icon or right click a blank channel space and add the channel you wish to log. You have to log the throttle position SAE channel to make it show up in the graphs and charts/gauges. If you need to add the o2 sensor mv for bank 1 and bank 2 to read those, and injector pulse width avg for both banks to get those and the injector duty cycle will appear on it's own as it's a math function.

It's a steep learning curve doing this.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    You have to add the channels you wish to log. Not every channel is supported by every computer, so some with disappear like that.

Connect to the vehicle, click vehicle and re-poll for supported parameters.

Then either click the gear icon or right click a blank channel space and add the channel you wish to log. You have to log the throttle position SAE channel to make it show up in the graphs and charts/gauges. If you need to add the o2 sensor mv for bank 1 and bank 2 to read those, and injector pulse width avg for both banks to get those and the injector duty cycle will appear on it's own as it's a math function.

It's a steep learning curve doing this.
    I have attempted to do what you have said to do, however I was not able to get those channels to come back
    Attached Files Attached Files

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    its because they aren't valid pids for your application, you need to add valid pids to the channel display in order to log.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"