Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Keeping IMRC on '18 manifold swap

I really appreciate the info that is available in this tuning community as a complete tuning newb. I was a little intimidated by locking out the IMRC's and trying to configure the 14 and above maps, distance tables, etc. So far so good on keeping the IMRC's functional with the correct sensor settings provided in this thread. Drove around Mexico for about 30 minutes with half a dozen WOT pulls and no DTC's or anything. Knock on wood. Thing fired right up with the 1050X's. Props to ID for their easy PNP Data. Need to possibly adjust MAF Airflow a little bit. Feels a little better up top. Definitely a differential that you can see in the following logs. One from drag strip and a good 3rd gear pull on the street. So compare the 3rd gear portions. INJ DC went from +80% to around 35%. 3 or 4 more lbm/min up top. And you definitely see where the stock manifold falls off vs the 2018 mani. Any recommendations after looking over the logs I'm always looking for feedback.3rddrive1050xsomepulls.hplThompson101516_run2.hpl

Tuner in Training
    yes. I used the 1.6V and 42.2 and it works fine now. I found the issue I was having with them not opening. It ended up being a check valve in the vacuum line that I (re-used hose from 2015 manifold and did not remove it) and once I removed it the IMRC work perfect.

You still need a check valve in 2018 mani - it still have a vacuum reservoir inside for IMRC, check-valve is there to keep that reservoir pressurized.

2015 mani has it in the back, 2018 mani has it in the front.

I really appreciate the information in this thread, im new in Ford tuning. i did tune F150 5.0L 2013 with JLT Big maf.
    last month, and now the customer upgrade his car to be FBO and he will install 2018 intake mani soon.
    first thing im thinking to do is changing the sensor confi setting of the new intake mani.
    but i would like to know if 2018 manifold volume is the same as stock volume: 11.10

Advanced Tuner
    12.5 is volume