Thread: Unhandled exception when launching recent beta

Tuner in Training

Unhandled exception when launching recent beta

Recently I refreshed my laptop with a clean install of Windows 10. I installed the latest VCM beta from the website on 30 Mar and got this critical error when launching it:

55744510_632514220495488_852151503283027968_n.png

I could pull a tune out of a car but couldn't view any parameter menus, etc. I figured it was something I did wrong with my laptop refresh while reloading programs, so I did another clean install of Windows and this time downloaded/installed the VCM beta straightaway. Same error.

Fortunately a friend had a few-week-old copy of the beta msi on his computer. I installed that on mine and it works fine. It would be handy if older beta versions were easily accessible via the website (rather than JUST the latest one) in case of issues like this.

Just a heads up.

Tuner in Training
    I had this also.

Support sent me a link to latest beta with it fixed. I'm on 4.3.494

Maybe they will send me a link as well. I'm having the same error. Did yours do it when you tried to upload your tune?

Tuner in Training
    I would get the error as soon as the application launched.

Beta is available for download here: https://www.hptuners.com/downloads/
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    Beta is available for download here: https://www.hptuners.com/downloads/
    Got a new laptop today. Installed latest beta from link above.. version .500.. Same issue.. Exception error and blank parameter windows

To confirm, I moved the .494 beta that works fine on my old laptop to the new laptop and still same exception error and blank parameters.

This from another thread fixed the issue for me. Make sure to run the NON beta version before installing the beta.

1. Uninstall all versions of VCM Editor.
    2. Install the official (non beta) Version and run VCM Editor. You should not get the error.
    3. Reinstall the beta and it too should now run without the error.
    4. Report back.