Thread: 2000 Mustang EEC tuning

2000 Mustang EEC tuning

How are you guys tuning these? I am unable to set up a MAF histogram in the scanner because of missing PID's....

MAF ADC is not available to select in the scanner and that is how it is defined in the editor so I am at a loss how these are tunable (properly that is) with HPTuners....

I have reached out to Support to add this PID but always get treated like I am retarded and not worth their time....

Tuner in Training
    There is currently known issues with eec-v scanning. A fix is in the works with not ETA. I personally datalog with an old SCT device and tune with Hptuners. Inefficient, but it gets the job done.

Advanced Tuner
    You should be able to log MAF voltage, you can histogram that against STFT if they are available or against your wideband.

Tuner in Training
    I have in the past few days tried logging just one PID using VCM scanner and it locks up my interface. I have to completely disconnect the MPVI2 and reconnect to even be able to communicate again. Support told me that there is a firmware update in the works but I'm sure it's a low priority due to the demand for a 20 year old pcm.

I'd think they should show decent support since they decided to even add that ecu

Tuner in Training
    Did you find a fix or work around for this issue ? We have a 2002 Mustang GT and the newest HPT Pro. Hmmm ...

Tuner in Training
    I ended up using an old sct device to data log with live link software.

HPTuners support added the correct PID (MAF ADC) in the latest beta!!!

Thanks Eric Brooks!!

P.S. - I use a MPVI cable to scan and log with and it works fine without freezing up - Eric Brooks says they are working on a solution for the MPVI2 interface....
    Last edited by 68Camaro; 04-10-2019 at 12:00 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Eric Brooks the Mustang tuner from Modular Fords ?

That is good news I will make sure to load the Beta. Do you know if they are having issues with injector tables being inaccurate in HPT for EEC-V models still ?