Thread: MPVI2 Users, Happy?

MPVI2 Users, Happy?

Hey guys, thinking about trading in my MPVI1 for the new model. Just wanted to ping all the Ford tuners who have done the upgrade.

Are you happy with it?

Any issues?

Would you do it again?

Thank you much!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I haven't had any issues with mine and use it on a daily basis on my own mustang.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Thanks Bill.

Are you able to log via BT?

Potential Tuner
    just upgraded and received my mpvi2. Cant get it to sync with editor

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by CCS86 View Post
    Thanks Bill.

Are you able to log via BT?
    Yes
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    I wasn’t aware you could log the coyote by blue tooth yet I was waiting for them to release that unless I missed something.

Advanced Tuner
    Did you download the drivers for the mpvi2? When you try to sync it what does it say?

Advanced Tuner
    No issues with mine, haven't been able to log with wifi though so I just keep using the USB3 cord. Much more compact than the MPVI1 too, no longer need to deal with 2 cables.

Potential Tuner
    got it to sync. i tried 30 times last night. tonight went to sync and no problem. Probably something i did. I feel like a one legged man in an ass kicking contest sometimes.

BT logging works just fine, interface is compact and that's it. Does exactly the same job.

Pro interface cable is a bit messy tho - I got the version with shrink tube but would like normal enclosure but it it what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Jn2 View Post
    No issues with mine, haven't been able to log with wifi though so I just keep using the USB3 cord. Much more compact than the MPVI1 too, no longer need to deal with 2 cables.

When you say wifi, do you mean bluetooth?

Quote Originally Posted by veeefour View Post
    BT logging works just fine, interface is compact and that's it. Does exactly the same job.

Pro interface cable is a bit messy tho - I got the version with shrink tube but would like normal enclosure but it it what it is.

Yeah, I'm probably going to opt for the pro interface. It's a harder decision with our factory widebands, especially since my nGauge already has analog inputs. The only things I am currently interested in logging are rail pressure and MAP, just to double check my inferred rail pressure tables and SD tables. I'm sure if I skip pro, I'll regret not having it in the future.

The MPVI2 Pro Link at least looks like a step forward, but I agree probably not as clean as it could be. Ideally, it would be a long enough USB cable to leave the terminal block in the engine bay, so you route just that cable through the firewall to the MPVI2 (or better still wirelessly pair like the expander hub is supposed to). If the terminal block just had spring clamps to make connections, that would be great too.

Maybe if I get a shrink tube version like you did, I'll just design and 3D print a housing for it that holds a spring clamp terminal block.

Thanks for your feedback.

Also, have you checked to see whether BT logging has any impact on total sampling rate versus cabled?

Tuner in Training
    Order an extra cable as they are easy to mess up in the right cars. All it takes is the wrong nudge with you leg to mess it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Nxbusa View Post
    Order an extra cable as they are easy to mess up in the right cars. All it takes is the wrong nudge with you leg to mess it up.

Good call. I ordered the 90* OBDII extension along with it.

It's my understanding that MPVI2 owners can edit and save tunes locally without having to license.

Does anyone know if that means you can read out a stock tune and save it without licensing? That would be awesome to only have to license that file if you needed to flash it back in the future. If you have no intention of using the stock tune again (switching strategies), it's a bummer to pay so much just for a "backup".

You can read and save a stock tune without licensing. It only prompts licensing when you go to flash the car

Quote Originally Posted by Scottgt21 View Post
    You can read and save a stock tune without licensing. It only prompts licensing when you go to flash the car

Awesome, thanks Scott!