Thread: Hot start (and a couple of other issues)

Tuner in Training

Hot start (and a couple of other issues)

I've got a 2001 Corvette, that I'm having some issues with....

Details;
    Manual transmission
    LS3
    BTR supercharger cam
    Vortech T-Trim
    85lb Injectors
    Long Tube Headers
    Factory O2s in both banks
    Prosport Wideband in B1 (interfaced through fuel tank pressure channel).
    LS9 MAP Sensor (3bar)
    3bar SD OS upgrade

I've got the VE table pretty close by logging LTFTs and correcting. Still needs some smoothing, but overall runs well.

Issue #1.
    Starting issues during hot starts (cold starts are good).
    When cranking it immediately fires (enough to disengage the starter, but not enough to actually start).
    Usually takes 2-3 times trying before it catches and runs.
    Occasionally, it will just keep cranking after 2-3 tries and acts flooded (holding the pedal will get it to start).
    (Right at the beginning of attached log.)

Issue #2.
    Bucking/jerking at light-load, low RPM, very low throttle (or off-on throttle transitions).
    It wasn't super prominent in this log, but it did it a few times right before the end of the log.

Issue #3.
    Will occasionally stall on decel.
    If I downshift while slowing down, then push in the clutch to stop or go around a corner, it will stall.
    I can prevent it by making sure I have the throttle cracked just a hair before pushing in the clutch, or by tapping the throttle after pushing in the clutch.
    (Throttle cracker is disabled because I was having issues with hanging idle while rolling.)
    Got it to do this about 2/3rds of the way through this log.
    Attached Files Attached Files

You need to adjust your cylinder size to the LS3. Man, your spark is all over the place. Can't figure out why.
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakegoat View Post
    You need to adjust your cylinder size to the LS3. Man, your spark is all over the place. Can't figure out why.
    I swear I adjusted the cylinder size once already... I wonder if I grabbed an older tune at some point and started using that without adjusting it again...
    Does that mean my VE is going to be all messed up again once I adjust that? Since my VE is already pretty close to spot-on with the cylinder size that's in there, does it make more sense just to leave it alone, or are there lots of other calculations based-off of that?

Are you talking about my spark in my log or on my tune? The log was reading last value I believe.

Thanks for your help!