Thread: Will not read ECM

Potential Tuner

Will not read ECM

OK I am new at this tuning thing and I have done a few little things and trying to expand a little bit. I was trying to read an 0411 ECM and all I could get was Detect Protocol Failed. So I thought something was wrong with the program so I uninstalled it and turned around and reinstalled it from HP Tuners website. I read a couple of cars and thought it was fixed. No it is still doing the same thing. I tried reading my 2002 Tahoe and same message. I tried reading my daughters 2003 Tahoe and same message. On both Tahoes I removed radio, onstar, navigation fuses same problem. I am using the MPVI2. I also was able to read without any problems a 2007 Yukon. Any help from any and everyone is greatly appreciated. Thanks

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I would suggest opening a support ticket.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Thank you. I opened a ticket and waiting.

Eddie, you still waiting? I have 4 open....and a dozen emails back and forth with them. All of a sudden.....crickets!

Potential Tuner
    I have the same problem. I have a 95 corvette with the Torqhead conversion. A MPVI2 and 2 credits. The scan program read pcm just fine. The edit pgm will read minor info, but refuses to do a read. Bootloader time out error. The Torqhead conversion uses a 0411 pcm. Opened a ticket and finally got a response that they don't suport the 95 corvette.

Paul at Torqhead sent me the file that is in the pcm. Was finally able to sync my credits. Tried a read first and no go. Wrote the file that Paul sent me with no problems. Then did a read, it read the whole file with no problems. The best part...car still runs.
    Last edited by timt49; 04-08-2019 at 02:51 PM.

They seem to be having a lot of problems with the latest verions of the tool and the software. Wish I had waited till the bugs were worked out. Having to send my device to them for repair. Meanwhile, my rig is down......missing out on everything due to these problems.....frustrating....

Potential Tuner
    Paul at Torqhead tells me the first version of the hardware always worked with no problems. Didn't have to change anything on the obd2 connector that was on the 95 corvettes. The mpvi2 is causing grief. Found out that the white wire needs to be clipped (pin 6) and the mvpi2 will work. Infact it only needs 2,4,5 and 16 to work.