Thread: Start up tune help

Tuner in Training

Start up tune help

Hey all,

I'm currently taking the courses on hpacademy but still don't have the confidence in tuning just yet. Would anyone be able to help me with a start up tune for my car? I have a 2007 C6 Z51 M6, 52k miles, everything is stock besides the following:
    A&A supercharger V-2
    LS3 Maf sensor

I will also be doing a BAP and LS3 60 lb injectors in the next month but I just got the supercharger in and I'd like to just get the car running to see if there are any belt slipping or oil leaking issues. I have the stock tune downloaded if anyone would be willing to help I would greatly appreciate it! Thank you.

Post the tune and I would be more than happy to help.

Tuner in Training
    Sorry I thought I attached it. Here it is. and thank you!
    Attached Files Attached Files

What MAP sensor on the car?
    Where is the MAF located?
    You said everything is stock. Even tire size?
    The tune you posted is the stock tune from your car?

Just want to make sure the correct things are done to get you going.
    Do you have a wide band? If so what kind and part number

Well I answered my own question on if the tune is stock or not, it is not. Someone has been monkeying around. If you have an actual stock file that would be great, there are some in the repository but I would like to see the actual stock file if available.

Tuner in Training
    Just got off the phone with the seller. He said that someone did a remote tune on it. When I got the car all was done to it was a dewitts radiator, throttle body spacer, and 20" wheels in rear (345/25/20) and 19" front wheels (295/30/19). and apparently a tune as we just found out lol.

He is going to try to get the stock file to me. If not I'll take your suggestion on getting it in the repository. I do have a wideband it is an AEM UEGO PN 30-0334. Tires at on C6 Z06 wheels, rear 325/30R19 front 275/35R18.

The MAF is located approximately 8" away from the TB.

Excellent, good info, we don't need the stock one. I assume you put the blower and stuff on after you got it?

The last piece of this puzzle is the MAP sensor, can you get the part number off the MAP sensor. You need a 2bar sensor, spend the money on a GM sensor. I am not at my regular computer and don't have my cheat sheet of part numbers and settings. Hopefully one of the other guys pipes up and gives you the MAP sensor Easter egg.

Do you have the MPVI2 pro or standard?
    Either way you have my favorite sensor combo. Is it installed and running?

How much boost are you setup to run? How much boost are going to want run?

I am nervous, you are for sure going to run out of injector. Because your OS only allows for 63lb injector that is going to limit the boost potential. Not a bad thing, but if you run out on the 60's you plan on getting then it will be tune scaling. Tune scaling works well, not one of my favorite things.

Tuner in Training
    Yes, the blower was installed after I got it. A picture of the current map sensor is attached.

After some research last night I found that a lot of people are running the ZR1 map sensor PN 12592525. Now that I found out that it is only $50 I'm going to put an order in today with the dealership and have it in on Monday.

And yes I have the MPVI2 Pro, it is installed and running.

I currently have the 3.8" diameter pulley on the V-2, not sure of how much boost that will produce with minimal mods done to the car. Eventually I'd like to run a smaller pulley but that will be in the future when I get to building my LQ4. As for the SBE LS2 I'd like to just keep it running safe with getting as much out of it as I can (That may be contradicting but we will see what happens haha).

Tuner in Training
    Attached pic of map sensor
    Attached Images Attached Images

Been a crazy day on the dyno and just getting to emails and such.

Awesome. Glad you got the MAP coming as the one in the picture is a 1bar.

Sweet on the MPVI2pro. Do you have your AEM 30-0334 installed?

Here is a channel config and layout.

Have you started the car?
    load up the channels list and layout after saving in proper places.
    Next with WBO2 plugged into OBD and MPVI2 turn key on and connect scanner, re-poll for parameters. Once complete start car and let idle from cold to warm. I just want to make sure everything is logging correctly.

Some may or may not work and this is the time to figure all that out.

Tuner in Training
    Awesome just got it loaded yesterday. After some thought I ended up ordering a set of longtime headers. I live in Ca so I will need to smog the car later down the road, I figured I?d just get a set of headers so I can save my cats for when I need them. With that being said about Tuesday I should have the new exhaust on along with the 3bar map sensor and I?ll be able to provide a log for you from cold to warm. Thanks again!

Tuner in Training
    Log 1

Tuner in Training
    HI i would like to some help im new about hp tuner.and i dont much know about using vcm editor where can i find a tuner that can tune my hp stock file of my car and i just need to write it in my ecu
    Thank you