Thread: scanning NOT tuning the ZR-1's E99

Tuner

scanning NOT tuning the ZR-1's E99

Just for "laughs" I connected to my '19 ZR-1 to data log the engine controls and was surprised on how little I can read of the data stream.

For example, the E99 apparently, will send no knock sensor data at all...no knock signals, no knock retard...in fact the only piece of data the E99 sends that is spark related at all is SAE spark advance.

Why can't ECM Scanner read at least as much data as I can get out of the E38 in my ZO6.
    Hib Halverson
    Just Another Tuner in Training.

Advanced Tuner
    I would think they would have to add enhanced PID support for that operating system in order to see anything beyond the SAE-mandated PIDs.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    i believe it was mentioned by the team that only crate PCMs are tunable
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SultanHassanMasTuning View Post
    i believe it was mentioned by the team that only crate PCMs are tunable
    With all due respect, the OP was referring to scanning, not tuning. Or so that's how I read it.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by tunerpro View Post
    With all due respect, the OP was referring to scanning, not tuning. Or so that's how I read it.
    Yes I was talking about scanning not tuning.

That I can log only minimal data from the E99 just isn't right especially since a high-level GM engineer who worked on the LT5 engine program told me he uses what he said was a "BlueDriver" diagnostic tool he bought on Amazon and, according to him, "it shows lots of live data."

I guess I need to open a support ticket, eh?
    Hib Halverson
    Just Another Tuner in Training.

Did you download the latest beta version 4.3.495 ??

Same deal with my 2018 Regal. As they kept updating the VCM Suite with newer beta versions, the more pid's the scanner picked up. I could not scan KR until recently.

Need to use the beta to scan properly. I was able to log the factory ECM with good success on the beta, but not with the production.