Thread: Timing calculator

Tuner in Training

Timing calculator

Im looking for the link to the timing calculator that suits HP. It looks like all the old links have been taken down?? cheers

Here ya go.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    09 Cobalt SS - E47+EFR6758 =

07 Silverado ECSB LBZ Duramax - Bunches of goodies

Potential Tuner
    Where is the timing calculator for an LML? The calculator here and posted other places does not include a tab for LML.

I've never seen a lml calculator for hptuners. I have one for a lml with efilive, but it won't work for hptuners.
    09 Cobalt SS - E47+EFR6758 =

07 Silverado ECSB LBZ Duramax - Bunches of goodies

Potential Tuner
    Hmmmm, do you have a link for the efilive one? I wonder if I could input the data into efilive and somehow pull it out/ translate it to HPtuners.

Nvmd I found it. I think. Josh H's calculator?
    Last edited by Themorg; 04-22-2019 at 06:06 PM.

Potential Tuner
    ok, from what I can see the two axis in the spreadsheet are swapped from the tables in hptuners, but if I was to swap them in the spreadsheet would it still give me the proper calculations? obviously I would have to change all of the tables in the spreadsheet.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    the inverted table likely has equations pulling or writing to it so it would be better to figure out if its a write to table or a calculate from table.
    it would be better to make a second table that if you write to the original just corrects the cell alignment due to inverted axis.
    if it writes from then you modify the cells by making a new table and setting the existing tables locations to match the new hpt inverted table.

this way you keep all of the equations linked properly.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Tuner in Training
    what tables are you using in hp for the calculator? I can't seem to find or match any tables up from the old write ups on how to use the timing calculators with hp

Potential Tuner
    Im using: injector pulse width, pilot off timing, base fuel pressure mode 0, which all work fine except the axis being flipped, then I ran into a problem. One of the tables it uses in EFILIVE is main injection, low alt, mode 0. We have that table in HP but its not using the same variables of calculation as EFI. the main injection table in EFI seems to have RPM vs FUEL QUANTITY, where as HP's main injection table uses RPM vs TORQUE. I could be looking at the wrong table but thats the dead end i have run into for the moment.

Tuner
    Could someone please go thru the steps of how to work this calculator again? I've been trying to tune an 06 LBZ and just can't seem to make it work. And I've also had a hard time trying to figure out which tables that I'm actually supposed to be using and where!!

Thank you

Not sure if this still works with current HPT software, but this was how it was done back then. Just follow my link.

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...776#post544776

I've never upgraded, so I still can do it. Even have one license left.

Here is a copy of the HP Tuner version of the timing calculator.
    Copy of timingV2_HPTConversion.xls

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyevans View Post
    Not sure if this still works with current HPT software, but this was how it was done back then. Just follow my link.

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...776#post544776

I've never upgraded, so I still can do it. Even have one license left.
    This is the one that I got confused by. I couldn't find the right tables

Maybe this will help. Attachment 89370
    This is the one I used that was created by mecanicman. It is different from ones previously posted. Search for his posts, the pics are gone but he did answer several questions.

Tuner
    Maybe this will help. Attachment 89370
    This is the one I used that was created by mecanicman. It is different from ones previously posted. Search for his posts, the pics are gone but he did answer several questions.
    I can't get this link to work.

Quote Originally Posted by XxScottxXN View Post
    I can't get this link to work.
    Here it is again. I could be mistaken about it being different from all the ones previously posted. I believe it is only different from a few.

Tuner
    Here it is again. I could be mistaken about it being different from all the ones previously posted. I believe it is only different from a few.
    Thank you very much! Could you please look at this final tune and tell me if it looks OK? Opinions are greatly appreciated!!

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by XxScottxXN View Post
    Thank you very much! Could you please look at this final tune and tell me if it looks OK? Opinions are greatly appreciated!!
    Could someone please tell me if this tune is ok to use!!!

Thank you

Potential Tuner
    ok I tried the calculator for my lb7.... current timing says 100% and the copy past timing table is coming up almost all zeros a few negatives on the low end??? Not sure what I did wrong.

Tuner
    Was wondering when you tune injection split do you split it up 45/55
    45/ pilot 1
    /55 pilot 2
    I am running a 6.7 powerstroke it?s very similar to a LML I believe
    Thanks