Thread: 2013 f150 optimum power switch

Tuner in Training

2013 f150 optimum power switch

i have a quick question about the 2013 f150 5.0 optimum power switch in the mapped points configuration table if i was to enable
    this switch would it use the op spark table 100% at wot so you dont have to
    work with the many spark mapped points and by enabling it what all would
    need to be adjusted to make it work or is a stock file ok to just switch on op and start logging and what would be the up/down side of doing this.

Advanced Tuner
    Enable OP in Mapped Points Config and in Snap to Point. It will try to run in OP anytime the Pedal Position/ Load thresholds are met. You can try it enabled and compare to how it runs disabled..
    The upside is, if it stays in OP with out blending, your WOT timing will run off one table so you won't need to adjust 6 to 8 tables for WOT.

Tuner in Training
    Ok thanks. Thats what i thought just wanted to make sure and would you happen to know why they use the multi points on f150s vs mustangs its the same way on my 17 f150 5.0 and ive been only doing mustangs and ls havent really messed with a lot of f150s. I figure because the trucks have a lot more load so using multiple tables keeps it safe for pulling trailers and such.

Advanced Tuner
    I'm not 100% sure why. The loads are much higher cruising down the highway on and f150 and it would probably start weighing into OP and taking the aggressiveness from OP at low rpm highway speeds, bucking, throttle oscillation. So to keep that from happening to a normal truck buyer they probably just disabled it. I enable OP in the trucks. And just change the thresholds to something better.

Theres roush strategies with OP disabled as well.

The Mustangs are almost identical in how they drive and flow through the MP, one difference then F150's EVC maxes out at 50*, the mustang maxes out at 40* because its not efficient.
    You have a heavy truck pulling its own weight down the highway so IVO is advancing and EVC is retarding to pump more air in and the Mustangs are easily cruising down the highway with only the exhaust retarded with good efficiency and good mpg

Tuner in Training
    ok thanks alot.