Thread: Toyota Logging

Tuner

Toyota Logging

I've got to say, having HPTuners support for the Toyota platforms is a blessing! Thanks for developing this and making it available!

I have spent a week or so playing with the VCM Suite and familiarizing myself with the product but also the Tacoma's logic/mapping. One of the biggest shortfalls I'm seeing thus far is in the logging department.

With the currently released Beta software (ver. 4.3.468) I'm not able to get the following parameters to log.

• Knock Retard (Knock Feedback in Techstream)
    • Knock Correction (Knock Correct Learn Value)
    • Intake Cam Advance

What is the possibility of adding these parameters to the list of defined parameters in VCM Scanner?

working on it now, if you raised a ticket it will be done today most likely.
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners View Post
    working on it now, if you raised a ticket it will be done today most likely.
    This is awesome news! Thanks Chris! (Ticket #167717)
    Last edited by JustDSM; 04-05-2019 at 03:18 PM.

Tuner
    Those of you interested should note a new beta version (4.3.499) of VCM Suite is available and includes some additional channels to log! Thanks for your help on this Chris!

Tuner in Training
    A quick question. if the knock feedback goes from -3 at normal cruising to 0 at high load, what does that imply?

for Toyota tundra, with CAI & headers.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by korbiams View Post
    A quick question. if the knock feedback goes from -3 at normal cruising to 0 at high load, what does that imply?

It means the PCM is adding timing becuase there is no knock. You can log Knock Correction to see exactly the final result. The standard Toyota PIDs are a little cryptic with all their non-zero offsets
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by korbiams View Post

Hey bud would you mind throwing your Tune File into the Toyota Repository Thread?