Thread: Automatic updates

Automatic updates

Lots of fixes and bugs recently - need to check for the new beta version every day and keep downloading it over and over again.

How about update check performed at VCM startup like almost every software those days? Automatic background update? That would save us a lot of time.

Thanks

That's on our todo list.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Banned
    Hell no.
    I'm happy with my 3.xx version. I don't want to wait for useless (to me) updates every time I use HP Tuners and cause me problems. I don't know why so many of you bother with and obsess over installing the latest update (I'm guessing most are pro tuners?). Then you all make threads, all mad, asking why something doesn't work, where your tunes/logs went, if others have the same problem, why you can't connect/scan/flash now, ticket this - ticket that....... like all the time.

The 1,000's of us who only tune our own cars with HPT shouldn't have to suffer just because 100 or so pro tuners want to be able to tune the latest cars their customers bring into their shops every now and then.

"That would save us a lot of time." - veeefour
    Who's "us"? You and your fellow pro tuners / workshop owners?
    It wouldn't save me time. It would cost me time and give me headaches.

I got it. An automatic update checkbox. Problem solved. Both parties happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    That's on our todo list.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smith View Post
    +1

Its the beta, take a deep breath.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smith View Post
    Hell no.
    I'm happy with my 3.xx version. I don't want to wait for useless (to me) updates every time I use HP Tuners and cause me problems. I don't know why so many of you bother with and obsess over installing the latest update (I'm guessing most are pro tuners?). Then you all make threads, all mad, asking why something doesn't work, where your tunes/logs went, if others have the same problem, why you can't connect/scan/flash now, ticket this - ticket that....... like all the time.

The 1,000's of us who only tune our own cars with HPT shouldn't have to suffer just because 100 or so pro tuners want to be able to tune the latest cars their customers bring into their shops every now and then.

"That would save us a lot of time." - veeefour
    Who's "us"? You and your fellow pro tuners / workshop owners?
    It wouldn't save me time. It would cost me time and give me headaches.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by superman07 View Post
    Its the beta, take a deep breath.
    Are you trying to tell me that "veeefour" is asking for automatic beta updates only and not full/all versions?
    Are you also implying that if HP Tuners grant his wish, I won't have to sit there and wait for updates nearly every time I hook up HPT to my car?
    I'll breathe how I want.