Thread: 2000 Gagt stock tune/ tuning tips for better response and power

Potential Tuner

2000 Gagt stock tune/ tuning tips for better response and power

I'm looking for a stock tune for a 2000 Grand am gt, 3.4l V6
    4t45e trans with a 3.29 final drive

Also if it's possible, some tips on messing with timing and fueling to get just a bit more out of her

Much appreciated peoples!

Following tune I did for a 2000 Impala 3.4 and it totally changed the car. I don't think I added any timing, as that's gonna be specific to your car and gasoline and weather.

The transmission setting made the car more lively and responsive and I remember after the tune the Impala had no KR, while before the tune it was hitting 15* of KR !!! And I didn't lower the timing either. Just better fueling and trans and few other things.

2000_Impala3.4_tuned.hpt

Use the "Compare" feature in HPT editor to make comparing and changing parameters between 2 different files much easier, more direct and innate.

Here is a link to a short video on how to use the "Compare" feature in HPTuners editor...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YCWc9D9jiI

Potential Tuner
    A really late response( On my part) but thanks a ton I'm gonna prolly look at it and see what's different n all that good stuff��

Potential Tuner
    So i've pulled some of the settings from the tune you provided and now i am looking for some insight, i am now plagued with a P0131: O2 Sensor (Bank 1 Sensor 1) Voltage low
    I have swapped out a known good o2 sensor and the code still returns, Any thoughts? I do have a log file that you can look at if ya need it

Post your stock and modded tune and I'll have a look at it and hopefully I'll find the problem.

Potential Tuner

Found the problem

So after finding more time i ran some logs and checked my base vs the tune you provided and i did find the problem, it was on the TPS Adder, it was set that when at 0% throttle it added 1.546 to the Base AFR. It added a lot to all throttle settings. So when i would do pulls on the freeway it freaked out my PCM Because it was getting such a low reading from the o2 sensor it thought it was broken, thus setting the code. I still have added the tunes for your viewing plesure, Sorry i am horrible at responding, and my log file i did when i was having the problem got corrupted somehow.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Takes me at least 3 to 7 days to respond lol.

Glad you found the problem.