Thread: Real Time Tuning

Real Time Tuning

I wanted to thank HP Tuners for showing love to the Toyota family! It is greatly appreciated!

Is there any potential for the "real time tuning" to become a reality on the Toyota ECU's? Specifically, the Toyota Tacoma's (2005-2015).

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by tune2mbt View Post
    I wanted to thank HP Tuners for showing love to the Toyota family! It is greatly appreciated!

Is there any potential for the "real time tuning" to become a reality on the Toyota ECU's? Specifically, the Toyota Tacoma's (2005-2015).
    Unfortunately, I don't think RTT will be an option for the 2005-2015 Tacoma, due to the limitations on reading the calibration from the ODD2 port on this application. I'm certainly not the expert on the communication protocols and all the behind the scenes stuff to speak with authority on the matter, so I'll leave that for HPT to ultimately answer.

But I'd also like to once again thank HPT for their support for this platform and the developments to come!

Tuner in Training
    This would be very exciting if it ever happened.
    Last edited by Merryfrankster; 04-06-2019 at 06:49 PM.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Merryfrankster View Post
    This would be very exciting if it ever happened.
    Wouldn't it? Why the edit, that was good info. :P

Tuner in Training
    I'm sorry that what I wrote was not very well thought through and it could be misleading in regards to real time tuning and its requirements but this does not mean that I would not be completely all over it if it ever happened and I don't want to discourage anyone from coming up with a solution who knows what these guys here have done is completely amazing I don't even understand how they were able to pull off this level of detail in the ECU strategy without having clairvoyants or psychics on staff.

PS. Professional numerologists, maybe?

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Merryfrankster View Post
    I'm sorry that what I wrote was not very well thought through and it could be misleading in regards to real time tuning and its requirements but this does not mean that I would not be completely all over it if it ever happened and I don't want to discourage anyone from coming up with a solution who knows what these guys here have done is completely amazing I don't even understand how they were able to pull off this level of detail in the ECU strategy without having clairvoyants or psychics on staff.

PS. Professional numerologists, maybe?
    Understood! I'm certainly pumped!

There is no chance. The CPU used by Toyota isn't very well supported by many s/w dev tools and also the available RAM space is very limited.
    I count sheep in hex...

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners View Post
    There is no chance. The CPU used by Toyota isn't very well supported by many s/w dev tools and also the available RAM space is very limited.
    Thank you Chris. I knew it was a long shot but I had to ask.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners View Post
    is RTT os availablefor ford 2018 mustang?