Thread: 2017 eb 3.5 f150 adding meth injection, fueling question

Tuner in Training

2017 eb 3.5 f150 adding meth injection, fueling question

what is the proper way to pull fuel when adding meth injection on the f150 eb 3.5? do i use the ve calculator? sorry if this is a silly question but im struggling to wrap my head around how ford is doing VE. usually i would just go into a standard ve table or maft table and pull fuel out that way. thanks for any and all help.

Advanced Tuner
    i just let the fuel trims correct the afrs

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by mJolnir View Post
    i just let the fuel trims correct the afrs
    seems that is what most do, and what i did with my 2013. I was just trying to be a little more accurate with tuning and not make the computer work so hard. what size nozzle are you running and what blend of methanol? i have aem kit so was thinking or starting with 1 of the largest nozzle which is 1000cc i believe. i did order dual nozzle kit so if i need to up it i can and run one 1000cc and one 500cc. thanks for the reply

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Magyar86 View Post
    seems that is what most do, and what i did with my 2013. I was just trying to be a little more accurate with tuning and not make the computer work so hard. what size nozzle are you running and what blend of methanol? i have aem kit so was thinking or starting with 1 of the largest nozzle which is 1000cc i believe. i did order dual nozzle kit so if i need to up it i can and run one 1000cc and one 500cc. thanks for the reply
    Fuel trims is how it learns ethanol\methanol%. You should call aem on size. Snow says run a 3 or a 4. 4 is 225 ml (2,500 cc) and 10 gallons lasts me over 700 miles. I cut 99.90% pure from the drag strip and cut 50% with filtered water and I see 5 to 5.5 octane rise in inferred octane. I.E. 91 reads 96.6 and 87 reads 92.4.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Magyar86 View Post
    skewing the airmodel will have effect on your torque calculations so its better to not mess them up, also going so lean can get you in trouble in case of meth system failure

Let the fuel trims do the work. That's the benefit of having closed loop power enrich fueling.