Thread: Importing Data from I2M Chrome Pro

Potential Tuner

Importing Data from I2M Chrome Pro

Hello from NJ!!!

I am using an I2M Chrome Pro dash for my 2015 Yamaha R1M race bike. This dash allows me to export the data files into a CSV format. Now, when I try to add this file to my racerender project, along with the gopro footage, I can't seem to get the data portion to work. I tried taking the raw CSV and saved it as a delimited file using semicolons, no luck either.

What do you think I need to do to get it to work, change column names, etc?

Please help!!

I attached the raw excel and delimited excel screenshots below.

Thanks, Ruben
    Attached Images Attached Images

Potential Tuner
    OK, I got the Time column working in RR3. Had to remove "Time" and "[0.01s]:" from the fields. Then I had to make another column with a formula to divide by 100 so I could move the decimal over 2 places to the left.

Now if I could only get the data logger GPS coordinates working, I cant fig out what format they are in. I compare them to my gopro GPS coordinates and they are different.

Tuner in Training
    Were you able to fix the issue? I have the same exact problem

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by gian84 View Post
    Were you able to fix the issue? I have the same exact problem
    Sounds like you should be able to:
    1. Open the CSV file in Excel or Google Sheets
    2. Insert a column to the left of the first column
    3. Add a title in the first row of the first column such as "Time"
    4. Enter the following formula in the fifth row (or wherever time actually starts; you may need to update "B5" to be the correct cell): =REGEXEXTRACT(B5,"\d+.0") / 100
    5. If you did this correctly, you should see 0 in the cell
    6. Select the cell that you just entered the time for and drag the bottom right of it all the way to the end of your data
    7. If you did this correctly, you should see the time in seconds for each cell which corresponds to the time divided by 100 (to convert from hundredths of a second to seconds like RaceRender expects)

Then you should be able to save the CSV and load it into RaceRender.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the update and the formula. What about the other columns like GPS position, is everything else working fine? Map is correctly visualized and so on?

Has anyone contacted either I2M or RaceRender to make the exporting/importing process seamless like in the cases?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by gian84 View Post
    Thanks for the update and the formula. What about the other columns like GPS position, is everything else working fine? Map is correctly visualized and so on?

Has anyone contacted either I2M or RaceRender to make the exporting/importing process seamless like in the cases?
    Based on the previous screenshots, I would think everything would work as is, but I don't have a data file that I could test with.