Thread: E67 Reduced Engine Power - Completely Removing

Potential Tuner

E67 Reduced Engine Power - Completely Removing

Hi Everyone!

I currently run Holley EFI in my pulling truck, and EFI Live in my Duramax pickup. I attempted to use EFI Live, given I already own a V2 for tuning, to remove Reduced Engine Power, but am having no luck. So, I'm thinking I'll just buy HP, as I understand virtually every Cobalt SS and E67 4-Cylinder car is tuned using this platform. So, without further carrying on, I'll break down a little information.

Car is a 2006 Cobalt SS 2.4L LE5, with a 5-Speed Manual. This car is aimed to be an asphalt oval racecar, which I'll be welding a rollcage into. I have removed the interior, headlights, taillights, and a substantial amount of interior wiring. Along the way of removing these items, I tripped the VATS, and also killed the trigger wire to the starter. I ran a dedicated power wire to the starter solenoid, removed VATS using EFI Live, and fired the car up. Perfect! Everything works excellent, car runs, I proceed on. Without the cluster, I assume everything is totally fine. However, when I go to drive the car, I now have reduced engine power.

During this issue, when in neutral or with the clutch pushed in, the engine revs freely. In a datalog, the ETC opens to 89% when the accelerator pedal is pushed, and the car acts normally. However, once put into gear and moving, the max the throttle body will open to is 38%, regardless of how far the pedal is pressed. I understand this is REP, and that this is quite common with these cars especially when being abused. I would like to make the car absolutely NEVER enter this mode, and essentially setup the tune so when the throttle is applied, it delivers it. Avoiding any issues from safety or engine protection protocols. I am assuming it has entered this mode do to a wire being cut which is does not like, but it would be ideal if I could simply tune it out. Again, I don't want to "accidentally" run into this while racing the car.

Current Codes:
    P0013
    P0532
    P0650
    U0121

Unfortunately, I am not sure exactly when the issue was caused, so it's not as simple as just finding the one wire. If that is the only solution, I'll obviously do this. But if I can simply command the ECM to do what I tell it, that would be amazing!

Do you know how to remove this Reduced Engine Power mode entirely?

Thanks Everyone!

Potential Tuner
    Bump

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    its been a long time and im unfortunately getting worse at helping with standalone stuff but i vaguely remember having to switch from a vss reference to a tps reference in a drop down menu. the shitty part is i cant remember where that menu was.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Potential Tuner
    Update:

A tuner from California who specializes in E67 Ecotec Standalone tuning, was able to supply me an EFILive tune which switched my operating system. Once this switched, the car now runs entirely standalone.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    nice
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman