Thread: Scanner/Editor 4.2.12 issues

Scanner/Editor 4.2.12 issues

Anyone having issues with 4.2.12? Just upgraded yesterday. Seemed to work fine. Now today its having troubles seeing the interface. Scanner will connect, then when i click "start scanning" it sort of freezes, then the red button goes grey but no data shows up in the channel rows. It will continue to sit like this until you click the stop button. Then an instantaneous amount of data will show up in the channel rows, but it was only one pull of data. Hit play and its just the one set of numbers. Also, editors seems to say it cant find the interface. I can click help and verification code and it pulls fine. Then next time it wont. Just wondering if the interface is going bad... or the cable? Its only been used a few weeks.

Here is a screenshot:

scanner issue.jpg

Resync'n doesnt help. But syncs fine.
    Last edited by 99whitews6; 04-07-2019 at 02:00 PM.

Well, swapped cables. No change. Tried another laptop and couldnt get it to sync. Loaded up a nuvision windows ten tablet. Works fine. So i must have a laptop issue that caused the problem.

Potential Tuner
    I'm having the same issues as OP with the interface and the scanner not logging any data after pressing record and populating after pressing stop. Is there another way around this short of replacing my laptop with something else like OP did? It just started doing this.

Tuner
    I had the same issue month or so ago. After reformatting my tuning lap top, it started working correctly. Still doesn't work on 2 other laptops. But one of my other non tuning laptops it works ok on also.

RPS Twin Carbon Clutch
    Kook's Headers
    Ported Supercharger
    Cold Air Inductions cai
    ID850's
    GPTuning 2.5 Cam
    9.1 Lower 2.5 Upper

Potential Tuner
    Thank you. Reformatting my laptop worked for me as well.