Thread: Unable to locate VCM ?

Tuner in Training

Unable to locate VCM ?

I get this message now when I try to Read the VCM, Write Calibration, or try to Scan. I have not seen or had this before. I have check the Cig/Assy fuse and its good and everything working there. Even swapped it out with a new one just in case. Will not work (Scan) on my truck (Silverado) either so know its not something with the car (Camaro).

This worked last weekend, now when tried it today I get nothing. Laptop I'm using is my old one that has not been used since last weekend, same cable, same everything. Literally used it last week, put it up, tried it this weekend and cant get it to connect. Need to change tune cause added some new “goodies” and now car doesn’t idle well.

Any ideas or something else I can try? Or is it time to send off for a Serial to MPVI Pro upgrade?

Any ideas are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

EDIT: A couple of screenshots. It shows cable is connected then give the "Unable to locate VCM" error.
    Last edited by SebastianLopezJr; 09-03-2006 at 05:28 PM.
    ---Sebastian Lopez Jr.
    www.LopezRacing.com
    2002 Camaro Z28
    1997 Camaro RS
    1968 Camaro NHRA #4143

Senior Tuner
    If you are using a serial interface, try a new serial cable. They go bad from all the bending and tugging around the laptop. You can pick one up from any local electronics store. Make sure it's not a "null modem" or "crossover" style cable.

-Ken

Tuner in Training
    Thanks, will try that in the morning.
    ---Sebastian Lopez Jr.
    www.LopezRacing.com
    2002 Camaro Z28
    1997 Camaro RS
    1968 Camaro NHRA #4143