Thread: Missing laps help. Excel fix Help

Potential Tuner

Missing laps help. Excel fix Help

I have a session where my transponder died and my Track addict recorded 3 5 min laps or something like that VS 14 1.10 min laps. Does anyone know how to fix that and pull the lap times out. I know there is an excel download fix but I dont know what any of the advanced instructions on there mean. Im not too good with excel. Simple instructions?

When TrackAddict picks up several laps as one, it's almost always due to poor GPS reception. It's relatively easy to get a good GPS signal when stopped or driving normally, so these issues often don't present themselves until you're driving at speed. Optimizing the placement of your phone in the car as much as possible can usually help this quite a bit in the future.

As for your existing data, one option is to bring the data into RaceRender (even the Free version will do), double-click on the data file in the Input Files list, click "Set Start / Finish Point", then use the "Load" option to select the track (or drag the slider to set a start/finish point where the GPS plot looks consistent), and increase the "Tolerance" setting to "Wide". After you click OK to exit that screen, click on the "Laps" button near the top of the main preview screen, and it will show the calculated lap times. If there are still multiple laps combined together, go back to that screen and drag the slider to select a different timing point.