Thread: VCM Editor Crash-Cannot write tune

Potential Tuner

VCM Editor Crash-Cannot write tune

My pickup was down for about 3 weeks. I just got it put back together and everything is fine but I wanted to update my tuning. So I took the laptop out and hooked everything up like normal, opened the tuning file, hit write...vcm editor crashed. So I tried a different file, same thing. Tried the stock file, again, it crashed. I then went and downloaded the latest version of vcm suite (I deleted the version I had on the computer just to make sure there were no old files left over) and tried again. Same thing. I get the file opened, hit write vehicle, the window comes up and gives me the options to either write or close, so I hit write and within about 2 seconds, the entire program just shuts down. I did not write these tunes, these were professionally written if that makes a difference. Not sure what to do. I emailed support but haven't received any emails back. Any advice? Computer was restarted, tried several different tunes and I'm still at square 1.

2003 Dodge Ram 2500

It might be worth trying another computer. Try re syncing the controller. Try pulling batt leads offf both and touching together for a bit then try tuning. Probability that these are not the issue, but worth a shot.

Banned
    Definitely try resyncing

Potential Tuner
    I've tried resyncing and that didn't seem to do anything with the new tunes. I did, however, go back and try to download the earlier tuning that I had from before I had them revised and I got it to write a tune when I used the non beta VCM Editor. I also got it to write back to stock but for some reason the revised tunes don't want to write. If I use the non beta editor, it says my software is out of date and to download the newer version. If I use the beta version, the program loads the tune, but as soon as I hit write, the program crashes. Could this be on the tune writer's side?