Thread: 2010 camaro ss e38 unknown vehicle message

2010 camaro ss e38 unknown vehicle message

This is my personal vehicle I have tune several times. Recently my wife was driving in the vehicle shut off with the messages service to stabilitrack ,ABS and traction control light on. Vehicle and will not restart after attempting to wrap my stop turn back to vehicle it says unkown vehicle. When you read the vehicle it says unlicensed and offers to let you use credits to license it.
    I almost did this but I noticed when you click the engine tap after read it is totally blank there's nothing in there. Transmation has data in it but diagnostic and engine are completely blank there's no fields know anything.
    I fear the ECM is dead but since this happened 2 weeks after my last rat I can't really see how this would be up tied to that.
    I am using the in PVI to with 4.0 to software on windows 7 and also tried a windows 10 laptop with the same result. I'm not sure where to turn.
    I can purchase a used DCM that is matches exactly what I have but I'm being told that it can't be flashed in my car without having GM do it. It is a readable computer with a Vin number and everything but I'm being told there is no way to transfer it to my car.
    If someone has any idea or any way to help me please I'll open all suggestions.
    When I use my Alltel scanner I get the same error message u 1000 perminent connection with ECM lost.
    Also if anyone knows a way toTransfer this EC into my car I'm willing to follow those instructions as well have just need to get my car backup running as it is my daily driver.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Open a support ticket please.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

i did 134299 . i see others with similar issue. its like engine side of ecm was erased.

just in, i received an email from support asking me to download the beta vcm editor. i did this. i had already replaced my ecm and had tge car running.
    i reinstalled ecm, and attempted again to write the ecm. same messages . not licensed, no vin, blank like nothing there. nothing i did would make this work.
    i then opened vcm editor beta. read vehicle with same response.
    now it gets interesting. i opened my stock file that came with this the origional ecm. selected to write to the ecm. the beta version skipped all of the error messages, no message about vin or unlicensed vehicle, no message requesth ing me to purchase credits. instead it went directly into write complete mode for 7 mins and completed with no errors.
    vehicle runs fine, no issues. no dtcs so my next step was to flash my tuned file into the ecm.
    i closed beta and opened 4.0.2 editor. i did not get the no vin message. when i tried to write to the ecm i got the unlicensed vehicle message requesting me to purchase credits.
    closed 4.0.02 down and opened beta editor. selected exact same tuned file that i was just told had to have credits purchased. selected write corection not write complete and bam. no error messages, no credit request, it imideatly wrote the tuned file to the ecm.
    i have forwarded all of my data logs to hp support. i have alsi received an email saying that there was an issue with some mpvi2 s that were first released envolving conection with other vehicles, non related to my vehicle, but requestion i send it back for diagnostic testing or replacement with a 48 hr return window at there expense.
    end result there appears to be a software/hardware issue of some kind.

Potential Tuner
    so me and my friend just had this same problem. We bought another ECM and wrote to it, but it would not crank the car. We have no idea what is going on with this can anyone help us?