Thread: No idle timing after Katech 103 C7 Z

Advanced Tuner

No idle timing after Katech 103 C7 Z

Car is C7 Z. Upgraded to a ported blower and a Katech 103. Nice increase in power but then I noticed something off. Idle timing is now only 3 degrees, Delivered engine torque is now in the negatives, torque management advance is around 26 degrees and base advance is around 29. Before the TB delivered engine torque was around 15-20, and torque management advance was 7. I've played with ETC scaler, no change, halved and doubled idle external load, speed control reserve and timing went up a few degrees. Played with virtual torque in the idle region and delivered engine torque increased but no effect on idle timing. Any idea on how to tackle this?

TIA!
    GO RAIDERS!!!!!!!!!!

02 C5 Z06
    8.8@160

make sure your MAF and VE tables are perfectly calibrated at and around idle (really you need to tune the whole VVE though even if it's maf only)

what do you have for ETC Scalar?

idle external load needs to be WAY lower than stock, mine is set around 40 lb ft at idle.

Advanced Tuner
    Hi Higgs, I've tried everything from 7200 to 2500 and noticed no change by changing only that. The MAF is accurate and I will check on the VVE. Thanks Higgs.
    GO RAIDERS!!!!!!!!!!

02 C5 Z06
    8.8@160

Just what Higgs said!! Make MAF perfect on trims and do the same for VVE.. if anything enable VVE from 2000rpms and dial in VVE at idle and make a world of difference..

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks Higgs, thanks Ben. VE was 25% rich! I was shocked because this car is just bolt ons. So I dialed that in, MAF was already solid and now it idles at around 8-14 degrees. TPS went down from 7.8% to 4.7% and map went from 36 to 32. I did also add some torque in the Virtual Torque since it was -5, now it's around 30 so similar to stock. It drives alot smoother too. Thanks again guys!
    GO RAIDERS!!!!!!!!!!

02 C5 Z06
    8.8@160

Yea the negative values in the Tq logic can mess with the Tq model pretty bad...
    Stock vehicles GM uses this to implement even at very light throttle angles (giving Tq management) easy fix though if you look at the DD table and correlate that to Actual TPS and speed

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C