Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Toyota Tacoma VE Table?

  1. #1
    Tuner in Training
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    38

    Toyota Tacoma VE Table?

    I'm curious to know if there is a potentially undefined VE table? I'm observing a truck running the stock air box/MAF housing showing rather large error in WBO2 vs PE EQ/commanded values at higher load/rpm leading me to believe a VE error is present due to much higher than stock boost this truck is running.
    Last edited by JustDSM; 04-09-2019 at 01:20 PM.

  2. #2
    There are tables i have yet to add to the editor that are used in the load calculation.
    I count sheep in hex...

  3. #3
    Tuner in Training
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners View Post
    There are tables i have yet to add to the editor that are used in the load calculation.
    Thanks for taking a moment to reply! I'll be looking forward to those additions. Please advise when a new VCM Suite is available with the updates. Appreciate the continued support.
    Last edited by JustDSM; 04-09-2019 at 02:14 PM.

  4. #4
    Tuner in Training
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    11
    Possibly if you have higher than stock boost it's over-running the MAF. Potentially modify the MAF tube and re-scale the MAF transfer function 41x1 to suit.

  5. #5
    Tuner in Training
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by Merryfrankster View Post
    Possibly if you have higher than stock boost it's over-running the MAF. Potentially modify the MAF tube and re-scale the MAF transfer function 41x1 to suit.
    We're still under the MAF limit, though close. The problem I'm seeing is that the ECU isn't able to match the PE EQ commanded values, and under high load is off significantly. 11.3 commanded, ~13.0 observed.

    Even on my personal truck which just has a Y-pipe + exhaust, I'm seeing a ~1.0-1.5 AFR discrepancy.

    Both vehicles running stock airbox.
    Last edited by JustDSM; 04-11-2019 at 10:13 PM.

  6. #6
    Tuner in Training
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    30
    Did you get this sorted JustDSM?

  7. #7
    Tuner in Training
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by tune2mbt View Post
    Did you get this sorted JustDSM?
    Not yet. I still have the ticket in with HPT to get these defined in the VCM Editor.

  8. #8
    Tuner in Training
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    11
    That's interesting.
    Last edited by Merryfrankster; 09-24-2019 at 04:03 AM.

  9. #9
    Potential Tuner
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    PHX
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners View Post
    There are tables i have yet to add to the editor that are used in the load calculation.
    Hi Chris.

    Any word on these tables? They’d surely be a big help with an overboosted truck I’m working on.

    Thank you,

    Jake

  10. #10
    Tuner in Training
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners View Post
    There are tables i have yet to add to the editor that are used in the load calculation.
    Any progress or updates on these Chris? We?ve got a few folks having some issues around 3.5 g/rev where trucks are drifting far leaner than commanded (Air Load falling from ~150 to ~120) despite measured airflow continuing to rise.

    Seems like right around 3.5 g/rev and 4500-5000rpm the calibration could use some correction to Air Load values.

    Thanks!

  11. #11
    Tuner in Training
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by JustDSM View Post
    Any progress or updates on these Chris? We?ve got a few folks having some issues around 3.5 g/rev where trucks are drifting far leaner than commanded (Air Load falling from ~150 to ~120) despite measured airflow continuing to rise.

    Seems like right around 3.5 g/rev and 4500-5000rpm the calibration could use some correction to Air Load values.

    Thanks!
    Up.

  12. #12
    They are on my to do list, no ETA sorry
    I count sheep in hex...

  13. #13
    Tuner in Training
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners View Post
    They are on my to do list, no ETA sorry
    Thanks for the update Chris. Appreciate you doing this.