Thread: Toyota Tacoma VE Table?

Tuner in Training

Toyota Tacoma VE Table?

I'm curious to know if there is a potentially undefined VE table? I'm observing a truck running the stock air box/MAF housing showing rather large error in WBO2 vs PE EQ/commanded values at higher load/rpm leading me to believe a VE error is present due to much higher than stock boost this truck is running.
    Last edited by JustDSM; 04-09-2019 at 12:20 PM.

There are tables i have yet to add to the editor that are used in the load calculation.
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners View Post
    There are tables i have yet to add to the editor that are used in the load calculation.
    Thanks for taking a moment to reply! I'll be looking forward to those additions. Please advise when a new VCM Suite is available with the updates. Appreciate the continued support.
    Last edited by JustDSM; 04-09-2019 at 01:14 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Possibly if you have higher than stock boost it's over-running the MAF. Potentially modify the MAF tube and re-scale the MAF transfer function 41x1 to suit.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Merryfrankster View Post
    Possibly if you have higher than stock boost it's over-running the MAF. Potentially modify the MAF tube and re-scale the MAF transfer function 41x1 to suit.
    We're still under the MAF limit, though close. The problem I'm seeing is that the ECU isn't able to match the PE EQ commanded values, and under high load is off significantly. 11.3 commanded, ~13.0 observed.

Even on my personal truck which just has a Y-pipe + exhaust, I'm seeing a ~1.0-1.5 AFR discrepancy.

Both vehicles running stock airbox.
    Last edited by JustDSM; 04-11-2019 at 09:13 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Did you get this sorted JustDSM?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by tune2mbt View Post
    Did you get this sorted JustDSM?
    Not yet. I still have the ticket in with HPT to get these defined in the VCM Editor.

Tuner in Training
    I don't know what numbers you're referencing so I'm shooting in the dark here. The ECU uses a "blend table" strategy to set its target AFR's in open loop. This means that in addition to whatever target AFR's you've entered in to your fuel map, the ECU averages in a fuel trim from closed loop. This means if your engine is running rich in closed loop/idle for whatever reason, a negative fuel trim will be applied to your open loop target AFR's and this will result in leaner open-loop AFR as measured in your wideband O2.