Thread: Help logging knock???

Tuner in Training

Help logging knock???

I've included a screen shot, and calibration file.. maybe I'm missing something? This is for a 2011 VQ37VHR... not seeing any channels to actually log knock, or trims... and I can only log Timing Advance... am I supposed to assume this is final advance, after all compensations, trims, etc have been completed?

How are others logging and adjusting for possible knock? do I need to setup a spreadsheet to compare Low Det / High Det and logged Timing advance to figure out if timing was pulled?

START.hpt

Annotation 2019-04-09 134408.png
    Last edited by b3tuning; 04-09-2019 at 03:45 PM.

Tuner in Training
    I havent seen a way yet.

Quote Originally Posted by b3tuning View Post
    I've included a screen shot, and calibration file.. maybe I'm missing something? This is for a 2011 VQ37VHR... not seeing any channels to actually log knock, or trims... and I can only log Timing Advance... am I supposed to assume this is final advance, after all compensations, trims, etc have been completed?

How are others logging and adjusting for possible knock? do I need to setup a spreadsheet to compare Low Det / High Det and logged Timing advance to figure out if timing was pulled?

START.hpt

Annotation 2019-04-09 134408.png
    The timing advance shown in the scanner is final advance after all corrections/trims have been applied. There should be a memory parameter for knock feedback as well as knock count, if you don't see them please submit a support ticket

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by evan.s@hptuners View Post
    The timing advance shown in the scanner is final advance after all corrections/trims have been applied. There should be a memory parameter for knock feedback as well as knock count, if you don't see them please submit a support ticket
    Didn't get a notification of your response, will submit a ticket with infolog and calibration, thank you Evan

Tuner in Training
    b3tuning,

Did you ever get a response to this? I have just started diving into the Nissan stuff and I have noticed that there isnt even a PID in the VCM scanner for the vehicle I am working on to log knock.
    (2012 FX35 - VQ35DE HR)

I have submitted a ticket to HP Tuners and hoping that Evan can get the PID in the VCM scanner.