Thread: 12' Regal GS 2.0 Low Speed Knock Question

Potential Tuner

12' Regal GS 2.0 Low Speed Knock Question

Have been doing a little tuning and logging and notice some random spark knock during cruise that seems to happen when the o2's go rich. Has anyone else ran into something similar to this or is it not a lot to worry about? Or is this caused from the LSPI issues on direct injection engines? Would changing SOI or fuel pressure be the right way to address these around those areas or is it more of a virtual torque model needing addressing? I've tried playing with spark advance/retard a bit around these areas and it seems to come and go with no rhyme or reason that I can tell. Any tips would be appreciated.

Posted a log and tune from a small cruise yesterday.

Attachment 88636Attachment 88637Attachment 88638

From what I see posted here, the ecm tends to "remember" certain areas where knock was happening. So it pre adjust the timing and can cause the knock you are seeing. Log several times each tune to see if it stays. Unless it's over an "acceptable" amount of knock of course.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for the reply Antonats. I'll run a few more logs trying to duplicate the environment the best I can and see how it trends.