Thread: Proper Use of MAF Transfer Table - RE VMP 5000 - Sanity Check

Tuner in Training

Proper Use of MAF Transfer Table - RE VMP 5000 - Sanity Check

Hello,

I am setting up a 2002 Mustang GT with a VMP 5000 slot style maf in a 2.8" blow through before the throttle body and VMP has kindly provided data in the form of their transfer function tool to set this up.

The issue I am having is the g/s numbers are too large for the HPT software to accept above 733 counts. Its maxed out and reverts to a default number on all cells above this. This has me thinking I am using this incorrectly.

This is the table from VMP I am using which allows you to adjust the points in yellow (Maf housing size and voltage).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Kks...ew?usp=sharing

Can anybody give me a shove in the right direction.

Thanks in advance.

Tuner in Training
    https://www.efidynotuning.com/scaling.htm

Read through this.

I just did a VMP5000 in a 3.75" tube with id1050 injectors. You'll need to dig around but most of the mentioned tables exist in HPT.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks Tom.

Did you find the VMP transfer function to be accurate or is it best to use one of the PMAS transfer functions ?

Advanced Tuner
    that PMAS table lbs/min needs to cut in half, you have 63lb limit on the 02-04 mustangs i would actual multiply it by.4 then start tuning from there.. unless your scaling your injectors, manifold volume, and engine displacement..
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by mstang_man; 04-21-2019 at 12:16 PM. Reason: attachments not add

Tuner in Training
    Thank you for the feedback on this.

I scaled the MAF transfer table from VMP , injector tables, CID Displacement and manifold size as well as the MAF Failure Load table and the Airmass TPS Failed table using a multiplier of .425 and the write up from Toms link above.

I *think* I got all of these correct. The names are not the same but the functions seem to be.

Advanced Tuner
    i i didnt see your injector sizes, but 02 mustangs are lbs per min airflow. i would only scale the MAF and leave everything else alone, it makes tuning a little more time consuming, but in the long run less chance of peaking out. i attached your VMP file with scaled LBS/MIN and graphs of the curves I would use the 2.75 curve to start. it just depends on how much tuning you like to do. i find it easier not to scale unless absolutely necessary..

Tuner in Training
    We have the Injector Dynamics ID725's in this car. Can you please try the attachment again. (Edit I see it). I will review this thanks for taking the time to post that.

Advanced Tuner
    I have the ID's in SCT Values, if you use the chart from there website you should be good.

Tuner in Training
    OK . I used ID725 data from their PNP files - Returnless - and multiplied these by .425 to match the other tables and settings.