Thread: Current Best Tablets for Recording/Editing in Car

Potential Tuner

Current Best Tablets for Recording/Editing in Car

Looking to mount a tablet in my car since the laptop on the seat deal is not working out. It will primarily be used for loading tunes and recording data on runs but may be used for small edits at the track since my tuner makes major edits. What's everyone using? Prefer to stay under $400 if possible. If you have a favorite mount/mounting option, mention that as well. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by BassHypnotist View Post
    Looking to mount a tablet in my car since the laptop on the seat deal is not working out. It will primarily be used for loading tunes and recording data on runs but may be used for small edits at the track since my tuner makes major edits. What's everyone using? Prefer to stay under $400 if possible. If you have a favorite mount/mounting option, mention that as well. Thanks.
    People ask this all the time, I would prefer a SSD (better for bumps), and a flat/matt screen (less glare/easier to see), preferably Touch with non-4K resolution (most things aren't ready for 4K yet, including HPT software).

Keep in mind the heat of summer sun may slowly destroy the laptop (battery life, LCD screen delamination, etc). This is happening with the one I keep in the car, so now I try to take it out of the car as much as possible unless parked in the garage.
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires